Created By Darkcoder

now Darkcoder Created an Anti for his Tool
Darkcoment Remover

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Perhaps its a safe tool since the real version is likely known for being flagged by antiviruses due on the tool for becoming pose security risk.

You need to accept the license agreement to download so likely for some experimentation is applicable.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hi,

First read is on Fred de Vries site:

[Released] DarkComet RAT Remover 1.0 : http://fred-de-vries.blogspot.fr/2012/03/release-darkcomet-remover-10.html

'The civil war in Syria rages not only on the ground but also on internet. The opposition has made increasing use of platforms such as Facebook to organize and spread their message. In response the regime have tried to disrupt these activities by defacing websites and spamming Facebook pages.
The regime is using the DarkComet RAT (called Backdoor:Win32/Fynloski.A by Microsoft) to spy on their own people.

The creator of the DarkComet RAT was disgusted by that behaviour and now has retaliated with a specially created tool to detect and remove his own DarkComet RAT to help the oppressed Syrian people: DarkComet RAT Remover.'

Well, now we are the Download button ( in purple color 'Download the Remover' ;) ) - first click on the 'Download' tab on the home page of Darkcomet RAT Remover v1.0 : http://www.darkcomet-rat.com/

That's all.

Thank you!:D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Nothing to worry about, I downloaded DC-RAT-Remover. (Executed outside of Bufferzone).

AHBj0.png

EMTEz.png

I got a different outcome when I right-click > Run as Admin. :huh:

97vQj.png

Ft5UI.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did anyone else get a similar result to as I did?

Also, will anyone be adding this to their portable tools?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I'm unable to download it for some reason. :s

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Earth: I've tested it on laptop under Toolwiz Timefreeze isolation environment and run as admin then the result appears to have a same threat like yours.

Perhaps a glitch/bug there.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I run as admin:

.. and I have this 'Your system is infected by DarkComet, cure it.'
(because 'Process: Security Center Disabler' ..)
Then I clicked ''Do nothing' of course.

I tested without - and with: Security Center and Windows firewall .. (in Services - disabled, then enabled these two ..) - and I get this same 'Your system .. cure it'.

It's true, I don't have any AV.:D

I don't have pressing need of this remover.;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its like it will be same with or without AV, cause yesterday tested on laptop with an AV installed.

davt

Jun 7, 2012
ranget said:
a tool by the creator of Darkcomet to Remove the RAT
anyone have any idea about it ?:rolleyes:
i scanned it on VT 0 infection and i'm not going to Risk it

about Darkcomet
Darkcomet is RAT Remote adminstration Tool
very Popular in the UnderGround Community of Hackers

Created By Darkcoder

now Darkcoder Created an Anti for his Tool
Darkcoment Remover
So far if it is run by admin I have not seen any clean pc's. It always says infected for me. Even with a wipe and clean install.. I highly suspect all false positives with an added bonus of it shutting off windows security center... or possibly worse! After trying this tool. I feel like a total wipe with bios flash and new hard drive before I feel close to safe. What was I thinking trusting a hacker supposedly reforming?

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011
The End of Darkcomet

i heard in a forum that the Developer of Darkcomet
aka Darkcoder

decided to Kill the Dark comet and stop developing it

just wanted to share the news

P

Plexx

RE: The End of Darkcomet

ranget said:
i heard in a forum that the Developer of Darkcomet
aka Darkcoder

decided to Kill the Dark comet and stop developing it

just wanted to share the news

According to the official site, under download section:

It is with deep regret that i am here to announce the end of project DarkComet RAT after over 4 years of developement

however I am sure there will still be resources to older versions...

ChromiumHF

Dec 19, 2011

Yes the news is official. The project is dead now, he posted the information on his Facebook fan-page.

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011

i think he will develop another RAT tool but under another name

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011

http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/darkcomet-rat-it-end

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
And this tool is officially dead!
PC Pro said:
Backdoor code writer shuts up shop over arrest fears

The creator of a backdoor access tool has pulled the plug on the project amid fears that misuse of the software could land him in prison.

The DarkComet Remote Admin Tool (RAT) was always controversial due to its documented use by hackers, despite creator Jean-Pierre Lesueur claiming it was a development and access tool with legitimate uses.

After discovering it was being used by Syrian officials to spy on opposition leaders - and under pressure from authorities - Lesueur said he was stopping distribution of the tool before he landed in hot water.
Lesueur was worried he could be held responsible for its misuse, whether by hackers or security officials in regimes that could use it to infiltrate dissidents’ computers.

Read more: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/security/375778/backdoor-code-writer-shuts-up-shop-over-arrest-fears#ixzz20FUYaImm

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.