Status
Not open for further replies.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Never heard of Backup Maker or Firewall App Blocker. I think there should be more discussion on the backup software since there seems to be many of them and talking about antivirii and other security software gets boring at times.

Reactions: darko999

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would consider a system backup solution also unless you plan on performing a clean install if something happens.
I believe Backup Maker is for data only.
Nice secure Windows 10 config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

darko999

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Never heard of Backup Maker or Firewall App Blocker. I think there should be more discussion on the backup software since there seems to be many of them and talking about antivirii and other security software gets boring at times.

Backup Maker is not perfect and does not support shadow copy but I have managed to work with it since I don't have much sensitive data on this machine that would make me need more than what Backup Maker offers. I'm the let's just wipe and fresh install guy. And Firewall app Blocker is simple but works great, it just uses windows firewall but gives you stuff like whitelist and I liked that concept. I just tell what will reach internet and the rest is deny by default. And you get that extra windows firewall performance that you'll miss with most third party Firewalls that are somehow heavier on the system.

Not my favorite AV at all, but good setup overall.
Do not forget to tweak uBlock Origin with hpHosts filters, so that you have the same url blocking as in Malwarebytes Premium.

It is not my favorite AV too, but I'm getting an Emsisoft key soon so in the meanwhile it is doing just fine. And that uBlock Origin trick is pretty cool thanks for sharing it!

A nice config you got there, thanks for sharing with us here at MT. :)

It's always cool to share stuff here : D

Could you specifiy what browsers you are using please. I would add Zemana Antimalware as an on demand scanner. :)

I use Pale Moon as my main browser and yes I do have Zemana for On-Demand.

darko999

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
My updated and final setup. It has proved to run smooth and with minor issues, so far the biggest one was removing multiple items from the Trusted Vendor list. Besieds that, haven't found any issues with rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.