Darth.Mikey's config

Darth.Mikey

Thread author
Nov 5, 2013
Backup: AX64 Time Machine, TeraByte Image For Windows
Networking: FTTH 100/20 mbps on Asus RT-N15U router running Tomato firmware(Shibby builds) with DNSCrypt(OpenDNS)

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Too much real-time protection software may cause conflict I recommend you to use one product as real-time protection.

Darth.Mikey

Thread author
Nov 5, 2013
DaZa9 said:
Too much real-time protection software may cause conflict I recommend you to use one product as real-time protection.

Updated original post, slightly different setup now...

And what exactly is it you think would be conflicting in my config ?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
IMO, not all your real-time protection has a purpose.

Before:
NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro, MSE, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, Zemana AntiLogger, Winpatrol Plus, Windows Firewall Control, Microsoft EMET, Sandboxie

After:
NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro, MSE, Windows Firewall Control, Microsoft EMET, Sandboxie

Changes:
Uninstall Zemana AntiLogger because "I trust the software on my PC".
Revert MBAM to Free, for on-demand scanning. Else, also uninstall, "I'm not at risk for infection".
Uninstall WinPatrol Plus, I don't need to be monitored, I don't need your assistance.

Above is an example for the changes I would consider making.

Darth.Mikey

Thread author
Nov 5, 2013
Hi Earth!

Well that is your opinion which i do not share, all the programs you mention are designed to run alongside an AV and yes each serves a particular purpose to me so thanks but no thanks, they are here to stay.

Regards,

Mikey

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Browser Addons: Adblock Plus(EasyList+EasyPrivacy+Malware Domains), Ghostery, HTTPS Everywhere, LastPass, Bitdefender TrafficLight

You i´ll see it is enough keep only the Donottrackme and Adblock (not the plus) extensions instead Ghostery and anothers.

The Wot or TrafficLight are importants on Browser Addons, but i prefer the trafficlight.
You have no AV real-protection like the Windows defender or another else.
I have the Windows defender and i´m afraid to replace another because can be reeinstall again windows 8 pro.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello Mikey, I understand.

Although shouldn't that be Windows Defender, because MSE won't run on Windows 8.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Darth.Mikey said:
Hi Earth!

Well that is your opinion which i do not share, all the programs you mention are designed to run alongside an AV and yes each serves a particular purpose to me so thanks but no thanks, they are here to stay.

Regards,

Mikey

Hey i agree with Earth, u must keep only the softwares which are essential, no need to get monitored because u can do it on ur own, so why u allow 3rd party apps do so...
My suggestions is just use a single powerfull antivirus app and use a firewall app, thats it, u will be secured.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.