Browser(s) and extensions
Edge
Maintenance tools
Advance System Care
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thanks for sharing :)

Recommended:
  1. Backups are almost more important than real-time protection! You can use Macrium Reflect or AOMEI Backupper for that.
  2. Advanced System Care is made by IObit, they have a bad reputation and caused problems on many systems (including mine!) CCleaner is a free and very safe replacement.
  3. UAC could be on Always Notify, it will help but is not needed.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Looks like a decent light setup, there are several option for backup, (Macrium Reflect or AOMEI Backupper as mentioned above) or Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition as example, depends on what you need.
Personally I use paid version of Acronis True Image, since it supports restore to different hardware, but that is only useful with none OEM version of Windows or in case of repair replacement on an OEM version.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
CCleaner is a free and very safe replacement.
And can opt to have CCEnhancer's cleaning list added on top to take a bit more, used it for some years now.
Other cleaners I tried either always removed to much and broke something or removed almost nothing.

A

Alkajak

Start > Settings > System > About
This is where you will find your OS build.

Iobit software is not necessarily malicious, but there are better alternatives by Piriform (CCleaner, Defraggler, etc). I don't know what bad reputation is being talked about above.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Start > Settings > System > About
This is where you will find your OS build.

Iobit software is not necessarily malicious, but there are better alternatives by Piriform (CCleaner, Defraggler, etc). I don't know what bad reputation is being talked about above.

IOBit Steals Malwarebytes' Intellectual Property

As for the rest of the config be sure to add a backup and use Ccleaner instead of Iobit software.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

That is very old news, and was resolved soon after. It doesn't make IObit any less trustworthy than other vendors, it's actually made an effort to regain user's trust.

iobit.com | WOT Reputation Scorecard

@Dave Russo As you use a Microsoft Account, you can utilise OneDrive, due to the recent changes 5GB should be sufficient for Documents and Photos. For more storage, look online.

To increase online storage privacy, Boxcryptor | Encryption for cloud storage | Window, Mac, Android, iOS can provide that extra defence.

To increase your MS Account protection, enable it's two-step verification.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
That is very old news, and was resolved soon after. It doesn't make IObit any less trustworthy than other vendors, it's actually made an effort to regain user's trust

Well in my opinion there as bad as they used to be.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would consider data and system backup solutions.Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: DJ Panda

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.