davidgzz's configuration

davidgzz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2013
Hi guys, after a long time being signup, I decided to do my first thread. Can you please check my configuration? Thanks

Ms Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4200 @2.00 GHz, 4.0 GB RAM, Mobile Intel 4 Series express Chipset Family.

Update: I have been having a hard time trying to edit the config. from above, I haven't find the way to edit it, so I will put it here.

Real-Time Protection: Comodo Firwall set to chiron's settings (autosandbox:untrusted, no HIPS, firewall: safemode) and WSA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Exterminator
D

Deleted member 178

There is a potential conflict between eset hips and comodo one since both drivers are loaded. I recommend to disable eset one.

davidgzz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2013
Pretty heavy looking but if it works with no conflicts for you that's good.

Yes it works pretty fast in my opinion, I have not encounter a problem yet. If there's a problem, should I take down malwarebytes protection?

There is a potential conflict between eset hips and comodo one since both drivers are loaded. I recommend to disable eset one.

I just disable eset hips? I mean, in the advance setup, under hips settings there are several options: "enable self-defense", "enable advance memory scanner", "enable exploit blocker" . Those too? or I just uncheck: "Enable Hips" ?

Thanks.

I

illumination

I would recommend dropping either Eset or Webroot, no need for both, especially on that dual core, surprised it is not dragging its heals screamin for mercy ;) Seriously though..

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Agree with illumination. There's no need for 2 real time monitors

davidgzz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2013
Real-Time Protection:
Comodo Firewall (chiron's configuration), no HIPS, proactive security, autosandbox: untrusted, Malwarebytes Antimalware PRO, Webroot SecureAnywhere.
Just unninstalled eset nod32 and gave the key to my dad, his using sandboxie and comodo firewall along with it.

Thanks guys !

D

Deleted member 178

Your config is better now , your system will say thank you ^^

davidgzz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2013
thank you guys for helping me a lot, my system is now faster. are there any more changes I can do, or with that it is okey?

Umbra I love WSA, it's a great antivirus

D

Deleted member 178

You are good, MBAM Pro is not really needed as realtime but you have a license so better use it.

Yes WSA is great, glad you like it

Just update your config post ;)

Reactions: davidgzz
I

illumination

thank you guys for helping me a lot, my system is now faster. are there any more changes I can do, or with that it is okey?

Umbra I love WSA, it's a great antivirus

Welcome! With MalwareBytes, you could disable the realtime protection, and still use it as a on demand scanner.. You will still be able to use the flash scan ect with the license intact. This will give you even more of your resources back, and still have yourself covered with a second opinion scanner.. Malwarebytes license is lifetime, so it is not like it is going anywhere..

WSA is a very good AV, although not traditional in a sense, of how it works, none the less, still very good. CFW and WSA combined will provide you with very good protection, and still enable your system to be light.

Reactions: davidgzz

davidgzz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2013
I get bored easily during vacations (my last week :'c ) and well, I'm testing right now, qihoo 360+ online armor free, and also avast+online armor free. system is being secured with WSA (using it as my last barrier). I have found that my system runs faster with avast+online armor free, but I feel more secure with qihoo 360+online armor free, qihoo360 runs to many and some "heavy" processes (around 25 megabytes of ram), unlike avast (around 8 or even less megabytes of ram). I'm using online armor free since I just got frustrated with comodos autosandbox, plus I like it's web protection along with it's firewall notifications. Do you recomment private firewall? Avast or qihoo 360? . I know that with WSA+firewall+UAC+sandboxie I can be more than secured, but I'm just a paranoid user that wants to feel really secured (I think I should relax more on my pc security...). Thanks guys

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Qihoo uses multiple engines which is probably why you feel a slowdown.
That and Online Armor would be a great free combination for sure.

D

Deleted member 178

yep both Qihoo and OA slow you a bit down, but tight security has a price ^^

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.