• Thread starter Deleted Member 3a5v73x
  • Start date

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Looks fairly good but IMO jail breaking and leaving open unknown sources can leave potential leaks and vectors of attack to your device. Updating is highly recommended.

Reactions: Logethica

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Android 6.0.1 is latest update for most devices, also notice the Patch Level.

You can uncheck Unknown Sources after Adguard is installed, it should work, unless otherwise.

Yeah. I wasn't really sure if that version of Andrioid was the latest. I mean keeping a phone updated is like the same as the computer. Applications = java (exploitable if not updated Android = PC (exploitable if not updated when needed.) :)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
Huracan post: 526576 said:
You can uncheck Unknown Sources after Adguard is installed, it should work, unless otherwise.
Yes it works, "Unknown Sources" just needs to be enabled at time when installing Adguard and opening dl link from android browser since its not available at Playstore Adguard for Android download - the world's most advanced ad blocker I have also removed field "I install apps that are published outside of the official store" to be precise
Screenshot_20160726_080739.png

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.