Troubleshoot Dead Video Card?

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Today i was playing a game for maybe 5 minutes before my screen went all blue with lines like in this video (it isnt my video) mine doesnt flicker though. the blue lines show up in all video, even when im in the bios. The screen isnt the problem because if i take out the video card and use integrated graphics theres no problems which lead me to think hardware.

What ive tried so far:
- Turning it off and on again :p
- Uninstalling and Reinstalling newest driver

The card is a Club 3D 7950 RoyalKing a little less than a year old

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
I have like the same screen but with green points like that => .

i think it's the screen/monitor i'm not sure..

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Yea but i use my 46" tv with no problems before. regular cable tv has no problem and on intergrated graphics (which uses hdmi same cable i use for the 7950) no problems, only when im on the 7950 do i now have problems

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

no it is the graphic cards that heat too much causing those line, it will be dead soon ; i suggest you to replace it now.

Reactions: imsoadude
Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Thanks Umbra, but when i checked it after it was only at 70 celcius on vrm1 and vrm2 was still at 67 celcius which isnt too hot for a graphics card normally is it? the card is only less than a year old. even after i let it cool down for a bit it still had lines

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

i had the same issues on my old laptop, it is why i bought a new one , the lines are just the beginning, later you will not be able to run Windows properly except on low resolution; also it may be the motherboard chipset managing the GPU that is faulty.

i hope this is not your case.

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I never tried it on a lower resolution but for it to work all this time and quit after a couple minutes of a game im also thinking theres something faulty, maybe the voltages or something shortened the life span

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.