Battle Decent File Shredder Software

Compare list
Eraser Vs Securely File Shredder

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
Eraser Portable, you don't need to install Eraser Portable (Secure erase utililty) | PortableApps.com

Offical website of Eraser: Eraser – Secure Erase Files from Hard Drives is not complete like R-Wipe, but certainly do it greatly.

Best Software, but is paid is R-Wipe & Clean very but very decent options of Shredder, if you can pay.
I recommend it!

Here is: Disk Wipe and Clean Software to delete and erase data, files or clean disk space for me is the best in the market.

R-Wipe is interesting because, not only you can shredder files, but temporary files, browsing history, cookies, passwords to avoid being recovered. You can also Wipe RDP Connections, Windows Connections, and many other protocols and files! Not every software does that. That is a big one for R-Wipe, you can have trial of 30 days.

You will see many ways to delete data and file you can't find in many softwares!!

Last edited:

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
PortableApps has an app called EraserDrop. It launches and places a stationary icon on the desktop. There are multiple ways to erase, but the easiest is to drag a file or files to the icon. From a right click of the icon settings can be set and the recycle bin can be shredded. From what I understand it was developed from the source code for Eraser which is open source.

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
Best/ better related to what? DBAN ?

DBAN is different than W-Ripe, of course if you want to delete all your data. Is better use DBAN than R-Wipe.

R-Wipe is made to delete files, temporary, and wipe disk. In my opinion is a solution for use inside, and DBAN "outside" if you know what I mean.
And you can't use DBAN to delete files, R-Wipe you open and you don't need to erase all your data from disk to be clean, you can wipe logs.

If you install R-Wipe & Clean you will see the bunch of options that this software have! Is one of best. Top nouch

IMO.

Reactions: [correlate]

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
1610049346419.png
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Recommended by Hillary Clinton. BB and Eraser recommended by @oldschool. (y)(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.