Comparison deep instinct vs crowdstrike which one and why?

Software Comparison
25 Replies 3,731 Views
Thread details
Products to compare
crowdstrike
deep instinct
Platform(s)
  1. Windows (x86 / x64)
I'm reviving this topic, having uninstalled Deepinstinct from my personal computer 30 minutes ago!

It deleted: Brave, Filmora, an m3u player, a game, DeepL, UniGetUI. .... :ROFLMAO:
so far DeepInstinct has not misbehaved here (that I am aware of) -- I'm 6 or 7 hours west of you...
 
I'm reviving this topic, having uninstalled Deepinstinct from my personal computer 30 minutes ago!

It deleted: Brave, Filmora, an m3u player, a game, DeepL, UniGetUI. .... :ROFLMAO:
This is exactly why the user has to be involved in making the decision on whether to quarantine / delete a file or not.

To properly secure an endpoint, there should be a baseline layer with a moderate security posture and low false positives... in other words, your typical antivirus.

On top of the antivirus layer there should be a more aggressive zero-trust layer that involves the user or admin making the decision on whether to allow the item or not.

Aggressive cybersecurity products should never auto quarantine / auto delete, and moderate security posture products should never let or force the end-user make the final decision.

I have worked directly with end-users since 1999, some of them being the most novice of users, and I can tell you on no uncertain terms, this is the only way to properly secure an endpoint.
 
This is exactly why the user has to be involved in making the decision on whether to quarantine / delete a file or not.

To properly secure an endpoint, there should be a baseline layer with a moderate security posture and low false positives... in other words, your typical antivirus.

On top of the antivirus layer there should be a more aggressive zero-trust layer that involves the user or admin making the decision on whether to allow the item or not.

Aggressive cybersecurity products should never auto quarantine / auto delete, and moderate security posture products should never let or force the end-user make the final decision.

I have worked directly with end-users since 1999, some of them being the most novice of users, and I can tell you on no uncertain terms, this is the only way to properly secure an endpoint.

I know and I'm aware of that, but I'm pretty fed up with having to whitelist everything...

Thanks to @kamiloxf , I'm testing SentinelOne, which is more permissive, yet effective.
 
I know and I'm aware of that, but I'm pretty fed up with having to whitelist everything...
But this the new cool for business/enterprise/home users, whitelisting is back with vengeance. Using enterprise tools will no doubt result in wrong quarantine objects.

The only thing you can do is submit a support ticket and hope they whitelist your banned programs!
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top