Battle DeepArmor or SEP 14?

Compare list
SEP 14 RU1 [URL="https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.ALERT2432.html"]Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.0.1 (14 RU1) is now available[/URL]
DeepArmor 2.0 [URL="https://www.sparkcognition.com/product/deeparmor/"]DeepArmor® - SparkCognition, Inc.[/URL]

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hello, I would like to know in your opinion which product you would like to keep. I'm currently using DeepArmor antivirus. But I also have in my pc the complete solution SEP 14 RU1. Which is better in strict terms of protection and system impact? Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.

Reactions: ZeroDay

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
Since both products are rather intended for usage in enterprise environments I assume you won´t get much feedback. If you are satisfied with DA 2.0 why don´t you stick with it? As far as I know it has a small memory footprint and low CPU utilization. If you are familiar with conducting malware tests I recommend to install and test both products in a VM to get a full picture regarding detection and blocking capabilities.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I finally got SEP. It has very good detection although it is quite heavy in the system, but of course it has many extra functions that DeepArmor does not have. Thank you.

Reactions: bribon77

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
DeepArmor is not that great. Among the entrants into AI/ML/DL tech, DeepArmor (DA) is lower end.

And there is one way you could know that.

It is a truism in the AV market that products that test well get tested.

Yes, some people here don't like that, but it's true. Further, generally products that test well are better, are judged and sold on those results, and the vendors make sure that the products get tested.... and normally the results of testing are utilized in marketing.

Products with holes and problems avoid testing. See.... Webroot, MBAM, Heimdal, SuperAntispyware..... and DeepArmor. All lame in terms of comprehensive malware prevention.

SEP is widely tested and a top tier product.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Is this based on your own experience or did you just hear that? Can you explain why DA isn´t as good as competitive products?

Good question.

Is it from "my personal experience." Depends on how you look at it. Personal in the sense that I tested and evaluated it. No. And there are many here at MT who have much more IT and testing knowledge than I do.

But... I do work for an organization that tests many products every year. And the testing is pretty thorough. So my comments are based on that.

Can I explain why DA isn't as good... I can't. I don't remember. We tested that product well over a year ago. Maybe two years... that was MANY products ago. But I do remember that it was a very mediocre and unmemorable product.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.