Firefox Preview
File and Photo backup
Google Backup
microSD card

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Yes, I tried to disable as many as possible. The others are hidden. You can put apps to sleep now. It's almost like freezing apps. But man, Knox is the truth. The Pixels don't allow you to create hardware encrypted, sandboxed spaces yet.
I think with Android 10 most of them are scoped or sandboxed!

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I mean Secure Folders. I still have my Pixel. I can't make Secure Folders. On my Samsung I have Secure Folders which creates its own sandbox environment and I also have Work Profile and in that Work Profile I can have Secure Folders too. So really if you want to you can set a passphrase for your main profile, your work profile and the secure folder in your work profile. Three layers. Knox is using verified boot and the latest Snapdragon TPM chips. Along with Apple and Blackberry they are the only devices the NSA approves to hold sensitive but unclassified information.
DSA approved list

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I mean Secure Folders. I still have my Pixel. I can't make Secure Folders. On my Samsung I have Secure Folders which creates its own sandbox environment and I also have Work Profile and in that Work Profile I can have Secure Folders too. So really if you want to you can set a passphrase for your main profile, your work profile and the secure folder in your work profile. Three layers. Knox is using verified boot and the latest Snapdragon TPM chips. Along with Apple and Blackberry they are the only devices the NSA approves to hold sensitive but unclassified information.
DSA approved list
Don't rely on fTPM based devices even if they say encrypted! Always use USB Key or dTPM for 100% security.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Not really!
software based TPM that rely on randomly numbers generated by CPU can be nightmare when Spectre like bugs hits your phone once its old!
Even mine is a fTPM.
It's using Qualcomm's dedicated TPM. I'm not about to use a USB drive for my phone 😂

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
It's using Qualcomm's dedicated TPM. I'm not about to use a USB drive for my phone 😂
Don't trust any fTPM based solutions since there might be timing based attacks like Spectre.
fTPM is not secure 100% even with verified Boot manager.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.