Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
+Bitwarden
-LastPass

I like Bitwarden, I like the open source philosophy and the option to host it on your own server if there is a need for me to do so. It's really just like Lastpass Premium in almost every way. Just one thing. When you copy a password in LastPass Premium, the app will automatically delete the password from your clipboard after 30 sec. Not an option in Bitwarden so you have to double check all of your clipboards. A minor annoyance. Not sure why Bitwarden hasn't implemented this yet.
And it doesn't recognize and update password changes.... ugh. I will uninstall it for now.

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
+Bitwarden
-LastPass

I like Bitwarden, I like the open source philosophy and the option to host it on your own server if there is a need for me to do so. It's really just like Lastpass Premium in almost every way. Just one thing. When you copy a password in LastPass Premium, the app will automatically delete the password from your clipboard after 30 sec. Not an option in Bitwarden so you have to double check all of your clipboards. A minor annoyance. Not sure why Bitwarden hasn't implemented this yet.
And it doesn't recognize and update password changes.... ugh. I will uninstall it for now.
Love this change. How are you finding Bitwarden? I'm not a fan PW managers, but that's me only really xD

~LDogg

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Love this change. How are you finding Bitwarden? I'm not a fan PW managers, but that's me only really xD

~LDogg
I went back to LastPass. I was too annoyed by Bitwarden's priorities. I rather have a well maintained proprietary solution hosted on servers that the company controls.

Reactions: Vasudev

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I went back to LastPass. I was too annoyed by Bitwarden's priorities. I rather have a well maintained proprietary solution hosted on servers that the company controls.
Based on the above. That makes sense to return back.

~LDogg

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
+Let Me Sleep
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thenewera.letmesleep

Disables fingerprint unlock while you are asleep. The dev said he will soon add an option to disable fingerprint unlock when the device has been asleep for a prolonged period of time. If you combine this with encryption, you are enjoying essentially the same tamper-free security as the iPhone XS and the feds will not be able to inspect your device if they get their hands on it.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I went back to this. I had to remove Family Link because it would enforce its policies on my Chromebook as well which is amazing except there is not way to tweak Chromebook settings in Family Link... Sign your child in on their Chromebook - Google For Families Help
So until then I removed Family Link.

Switched to Kiwi Browser.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
You like IntelliAV, you may want couple it with another program https://pralab.diee.unica.it/it/RPackDroid:)

R-PackDroid is a machine-learning based ransomware detector, created by Italian researchers.
It leverages an AI powered by TensorFlow to find ransomware or generic malware* in your device.
With R-PackDroid, you can:
- Analyze your apps
- Automatically scan new/updated apps
- Analyze all “.apk” files in your device
- Analyze a single “.apk” file from your favorite cloud service

Had only one false-positive in about 4 months of usage, with Intelliav I see Aliexpress always medium score, I think the app is right :p
R-PackDroid is a scanner only. It cannot remove malware. You'll need an AV software to do that

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
;)
What happened to your 3XL?
I went with Nokia though! I couldn't make sense 3a has same RAM as 3/3 XL. So, I went with Nokia 8.1
3 XL cost double and had horrible battery life. I had to charge it twice a day. I used my Pixel 3a X all day since yesterday and still have 30% left. So it basically lasts two days. (y)

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
3 XL cost double and had horrible battery life. I had to charge it twice a day. I used my Pixel 3a X all day since yesterday and still have 30% left. So it basically lasts two days. (y)
That doesn't sound at all! With same camera performance and extra battery life 3a is a wise choice.

Reactions: DeepWeb

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Goodbye Pixel 3a XL.
Hello Galaxy Note 10+

Samsung won me over by finally being on top of their security patches and Android version numbers. I also like the concept behind Knox. The Pixel 3a XL is an incredible phone. I just wanted a little bit more.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Goodbye Pixel 3a XL.
Hello Galaxy Note 10+

Samsung won me over by finally being on top of their security patches and Android version numbers. I also like the concept behind Knox. The Pixel 3a XL is an incredible phone. I just wanted a little bit more.
I hate Samsung Experience theme. They're the worst battery killers. I highly recommend Rootless Pixel launcher and after that, battery life simply outpaces any phones even iphones.

• Thanks
Reactions: oldschool

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
You mean Nova launcher?
OneUI has improved overall Experience but not Samsung Apps they ship with each Galaxies! Still, we have 2 calendars, email, Fitness app etc....
Yes, I tried to disable as many as possible. The others are hidden. You can put apps to sleep now. It's almost like freezing apps. But man, Knox is the truth. The Pixels don't allow you to create hardware encrypted, sandboxed spaces yet.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.