Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Not just in terms of security, but overall(protection, system resources usage, annoyance, if easy to use, ect)

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Tiranium is more superior ! :cool:

The best is like Avira and Tiranium, decide automatically because the user decision can be cheated/

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Tiranium is more superior ! :cool:

The best is like Avira and Tiranium, decide automatically because the user decision can be cheated/
Your is a default deny with cloud... because if unkown send to cloud to scan

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Depends on your usage situation.

I've run secure servers where a default deny policy was essential. Nothing was allowed to run without my explicit permission and consent. On the other hand, I've set up computers for novice users and used a default allow policy which has worked best for them (because they most certainly don't want/need to be spammed with 50 popups about processes wanting to start while their just browsing the local news online, especially since I'd then get 50 phone calls asking me whether to allow or deny each 'mysteriously named' but ultimately harmless process).

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
In work computer i think the better option it's default deny (in work computer you only need "company" software).
Computer user basic default deny.
Computer user intermediate mix.
Computer user advanced mix but allow like.

And finally, I like mix but more near to deny.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
None, default deny is bad for people that have low knowledge, default allow is bad because malware will install like there is no tomorrow. Something like AVG Identity Protect is good or Threat Fire.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Default Allow - If a program/file is detected as malicious it will be removed. Simple-as.

I compare Default Deny to running trusted and untrusted software in the same environment, but without an Antivirus available to help identify real threats.

Edit: Work/Business networks operate differently to home environments, and require tighter control over their networks, therefore my opinion is based around home use only.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.