Defender Control v1.6 (December 16,2019)

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
A new toy for all of you Windows Defender haters! :p

Defender Control v1.6 – What’s New – (Monday , 16. December 2019)
1. [Fixed] – False Positive Issue (Some code improvements for the False Positive Issue)
2. [Added] – A unique security code for the defender disable cmd command
3. [Added] – About screen

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
THX @oldschool

Not a Windows Defender hater, but on my 10 year (dual boot) laptop, it is worth a try to see whether I can reduce the cold startup of Edge-chromium (now takes 4 seconds and anything over 3 secs feels as slow). In Manjaro Chromium loads faster (I had enabled Firejail, but renoved it because it only marginally adds protection nowadays).

Len

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
A new toy for all of you Windows Defender haters! :p

Defender Control v1.6 – What’s New – (Monday , 16. December 2019)
1. [Fixed] – False Positive Issue (Some code improvements for the False Positive Issue)
2. [Added] – A unique security code for the defender disable cmd command
3. [Added] – About screen

Thanks bro, I somehow forgot all about this nifty little program. Now I downloaded it again. Like it says on their home page, it can be very useful when copying large amounts of data from one storage device to another.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The current version works well, as compared to the previous one. One has to be cautious, because this tool uses TrustedInstaller privileges to disable WD Tamper Protection. Microsoft currently works to harden Tamper Protection, so this tool may be incompatible with the new Windows version (like it was with version 1903).
If so, then there is well known policy which works after manually disabling Tamper Protection via Windows Security Center:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender]
"DisableAntiSpyware"=dword:00000001
After restarting Windows, WD will be turned off.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
You can simply turn off WD real-time protection (temporarily) from WSC to get the same effect.(y)
I really hope Microsoft work on this. In terms of ram usage it's lower than almost all of them but one of the slowest at on access scanning that's why struggle at copying, installing applications, exporting media files, etc.

klon

Apr 17, 2013
windows_defender_is_running.png

Defender Control v1.7 – What’s New – (Monday, 25. january 2021)

1. [FIXED] – Defender control doesn’t work properly when Tamper Protection is active
2. [FIXED] – ID Protection prevent to use Defender contol on multiple pc (ID Protection removed)
3. [FIXED] – GUI Font is too small
4. [ADDED] – The / q parameter has been added. Status information can be obtained with Exit code
5. [ADDED] – Some code improvements

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
windows_defender_is_running.png

Defender Control v1.7 – What’s New – (Monday, 25. january 2021)

1. [FIXED] – Defender control doesn’t work properly when Tamper Protection is active
2. [FIXED] – ID Protection prevent to use Defender contol on multiple pc (ID Protection removed)
3. [FIXED] – GUI Font is too small
4. [ADDED] – The / q parameter has been added. Status information can be obtained with Exit code
5. [ADDED] – Some code improvements

Thanks!

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.