Status
Not open for further replies.

Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
I'm confused !!!!
  1. A couple of hours ago I got a free license of Defensewall Personal Firewall. I've never tried this firewall, so I've got no idea about it.
  2. I'm a ESET Smart Security 7 user. And ESS has a firewall.

Now my question is.....
Should I disable ESS firewall and go with Defensewall Personal Firewall ??? or should I just stick to ESS Firewall !!! o_O

Note-
  • I know about Comodo Firewall, Private Firewall and Online Armor :D
  • I just want to know about this- DefenseWall Private Firewall :cool:
  • Yes, my system is 32bit. And I've no plan of upgrading it to 64bit as I'm thinking of buying a new laptop. So please, no advice on system upgrade, as long as you're not ready to pay for the Windows7x64 bit license :D And no Windows8.1 license please. This laptop doesn't have the drivers for win8.1 :p

On a serious note.... Give me some advice.... DefenseWall Personal Firewall or ESET Smart Security Firewall or both :rolleyes:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For starters, did you read what they say about their product.
http://www.softsphere.com/programs/

DefenseWall Personal Firewall - the world's first sandboxing-style personal firewall solution
  • No learning modes (as seen with firewall and HIPS programs).
  • Mininimal popups.
  • Compatible with third-party security software and programs.
  • No need to configure ports and sockets.
  • No application checksum re-calculations.
Average users find it difficult to setup and use your typical firewall and security program. For most average users, program popups and questions are confusing. There is always the chance a user will make the wrong choice and allow malware to cause damage to their system.

DefenseWall Personal Firewall is a different kind of security program. You won't even notice it's installed and providing the highest firewall and system protection.​

Again, planning to use software without knowing what they do, is as bad as executing malware.

Reactions: scot

Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
For starters, did you read what they say about their product.
http://www.softsphere.com/programs/
Yup... Read that. :cool:
DefenseWall Personal Firewall - the world's first sandboxing-style personal firewall solution
  • No learning modes (as seen with firewall and HIPS programs).
  • Mininimal popups.
  • Compatible with third-party security software and programs.
  • No need to configure ports and sockets.
  • No application checksum re-calculations.
Average users find it difficult to setup and use your typical firewall and security program. For most average users, program popups and questions are confusing. There is always the chance a user will make the wrong choice and allow malware to cause damage to their system.

DefenseWall Personal Firewall is a different kind of security program. You won't even notice it's installed and providing the highest firewall and system protection.​

Again, planning to use software without knowing what they do, is as bad as executing malware.
Maybe you're right.... :) I need to know what it's doing any why. :oops:
your ESET firewall is enough for u.
ESET firewall is enough
Do you guys have any past experience with DWPF ?? Any good or bad things about it ?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I never used DWPF but since ESET owns a strong firewall, i don't need any extra firewall running in my background & taking system resources. Even a WF is better then DWPF or CF is u know how to use it properly. Since ESS comes with firewall so i better use it, adding extra firewall will delay some seconds in boot time & system startup.

Reactions: Myna and Venustus

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
First Thing, You cannot use any other firewall by disabling ESS firewall but you can use ESET NOD32 with Defencewall.
But I would suggest you to ESS Firewall, If you are an Advanced User, Just Switch you Firewall to Interactive Mode.

Please Update your Config.

Reactions: Myna

Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
First Thing, You cannot use any other firewall by disabling ESS firewall but you can use ESET NOD32 with Defencewall.
But I would suggest you to ESS Firewall, If you are an Advanced User, Just Switch you Firewall to Interactive Mode.

Please Update your Config.
Thanks for the tip.... Config updated. :)

R

rocky

I have a 32bit system just to use Defensewall . We bank on it and the kids play online games on it. I'm talking kids 9 to 2 years old who are completely naieve to malware. It is the only firewall we use as windows is shut off by personal preference. The only other security software is Shadow Defender. It keeps the kids from deleting family documents and Defensewall breaks up malware that might try to install and cripples it from functioning but it won't clean up odd and ends left over. That is where Shadow Defender deletes the left overs on restarts and the system starts clean. The developer is second to none. If you have any compatibility problems with Eset he will go out of his way to make it right. I am more cofident in our 32 bit system than our 64 bit system and it is because of Defensewall Firewall. Congratulations you won some of the strongest protection for your computer available in my opinion. Take Care, Rocky

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.