Troubleshoot Deleted Admin user - User Account Control problem -Windows 7

jargey3000

Thread author
May 31, 2019
This is driving me nuts! I seem to have deleted my User Administrator Account, which was password-activated. The other 2 User Accounts i have are Standard., so I'm limited what I can do with them.
I found my deleted account is still listed under Users at C:\users , but it has a padlock (locked?) on the folder icon.
Ive tried a number of things to get it unlocked OR create a new Admin User Account , but every time I try to change anything i get a pop-up prompt similar to the following...EXCEPT mine doesn't have the shaded blue area to enter any password (presumably because I deleted the Admin. account). So I'm stuck, just spinning my wheels & getting nowhere. Anyone have any suggestions what I can do to get back to where I was or set up a new, activates Adnin User account?
here's the type of popup i get(hope it works):

jargey3000

Thread author
May 31, 2019
nope. backup not working either ...something about a shadow copy or whatever...
plus i keep getting that popup prompt requesting a password - with nowhere to type the bloody password!! lol

Reactions: upnorth
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.