CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
2JxfrUt.jpg

Nvidia finally announced its new mobile GeForce RTX GPUs today, which means it's time for partner announcements. Dell introduced a couple of new laptops from its Alienware lineup, including the new m17 and a refreshed model of the m15.

The Alienware m-series is meant to be thin and light, with the smaller m15 coming in at under five pounds. You can now get it with up to a Core i9-8950HK CPU and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 GPU with Max-Q design. As usual, the 15.6-inch display can be configured at 1080p with a 144Hz refresh rate or 4K with a 60Hz refresh rate.

cXbMWp3.jpg

And then there's the all-new Alienware m17, which is the thinnest and lightest 17-inch Alienware laptop ever. This also comes with up to a Core i9 and RTX 2080 graphics, and oddly, there's no 144Hz option for the display. The 17.3-inch screen comes in 1080p or 4K, but they're both 60Hz. Like the m15, it comes in Epic Silver and Nebula Red.

The Alienware m17 can be configured with up to a pair of 1TB SSDs, and up to 32GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM. It comes in at just 5.79 pounds, making it 40% lighter than its predecessor.

Both the refreshed Alienware m15 and the new m17 will be available on January 29. The Alienware m15 with a Core i9 and RTX graphics will be $1,579.99, and the Alienware m17 will start at $1,649.99.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.