Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Dell reported that it earned a net income of $880 million on record revenues of $26 billion, the second-best quarter in its history. Revenues were up 15 percent year-over-year.

“We’re well known for our unique ability to adjust and lean into growth opportunities, as evidenced by our results with record second-quarter revenue of $26.1 billion,” Dell vice chairman and co-chief operating officer Jeff Clarke said. “We’re innovating and helping customers grow with a focus on multi-cloud solutions and modern infrastructure delivered traditionally and as-a-Service.”

Dell is a diverse company, but what I’m mostly interested in is its PC business and how its been impacted by the prolonged COVID-19 pandemic. That business, called the Client Solutions Group, had revenues of $14.3 billion, a gain of 27 percent YOY. And $10.6 billion of that came from sales to commercial customers; that part of the business grew 32 percent YOY.

Dell credited strong growth in its business-class Latitude and Precision PCs and workstations for the gains. That Dell’s PCs sales are over half its revenues, and that most of those sales go to businesses makes sense, I suppose.

Dell also reported that its Infrastructure Solutions Group, which sells servers and networking products, delivered $8.4 billion in revenue in the quarter, up 3 percent. And VMWare revenues hit $3.1 billion, up 8 percent.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I think part of that success was people buying pre-builts like Dell/Alienware instead of self- building, due to the gpu drought.

I also think the "msrp" we knew for gpu/s once they become more available is squarely in the past. I now expect to pay 50-100USD over and sbove that for a founders edition rtx 3070. Even more, maybe.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.