Advice Request "Device Census"

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Is anyone else getting an alert from Kaspersky "Device Census is using your webcam"
hW26D1Z.png

All I could find is this:
What is Device Census?

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Thanks!But I can't understand why this process needs camera access!:cautious:
Well, from the link you provided MSpy reply is they need it for 'targeting builds' with that list it doesn't make any sense at all what the webcam access will do to help with that.

That "etc" in their reply looks very suspicious, weird and unprofessional.

Windows 10 hands down the best spy tool available in the market to this date.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Well, from the link you provided MSpy reply is they need it for 'targeting builds' with that list it doesn't make any sense at all what the webcam access will do to help with that.

That "etc" in their reply looks very suspicious, weird and unprofessional.

Windows 10 hands down the best spy tool available in the market to this date.
No surprises I guess!!

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Nope, i'm not getting that but my camera is disabled to everything, it only took me about 20 minutes to find out where to look to see where that is :unsure:, i really should try to understand what's on my pc, shouldn't i ............ in fact don't answer because i already know i should :giggle:

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Nope, i'm not getting that but my camera is disabled to everything, it only took me about 20 minutes to find out where to look to see where that is :unsure:, i really should try to understand what's on my pc, shouldn't i ............ in fact don't answer because i already know i should :giggle:

You could've asked here and we could you help you quickly. You should also disable your microphone; by searching in start menu for "Sound" then in Recording tab disable the activated one, you can then re enable when in need to.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
You could've asked here and we could you help you quickly. You should also disable your microphone; by searching in start menu for "Sound" then in Recording tab disable the activated one, you can then re enable when in need to.

I know i could @Bleak my friend but i always feel so stupid and uninformed so rarely ask questions in case people get pissed off trying to help me, i just read other peoples in the hope that they will help me in some small way. Good news is, my mic is already disabled (i must have read it on here one day, lol) ;)

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Another service to "improve your experience". Better disable it. Also, is there a free program to disable/enable webcam and microphone with ease? Don't want to go to devices and all that?

Not that i know of, it was easy enough to disable the microphone (or else i wouldn't have been able to do it) but then again, i have no need to enable them again so that method might be a pain in the bum for you if you use them or you could switch to Kaspersky :ROFLMAO: simple, one click.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
If that was the case they would probably block you and stop monitoring the camera. Doubt they actually saw you. Point it on you to deter them. :ROFLMAO:

100% works. Tried it with me.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::):)
They just want to see your reaction when an Windows update breaks something... stress relief is important for programmers, you know :)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.