AOMEI Backupper
    Frequency of System backups
    Occasionally
    Computer Specifications
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/devjits-gaming-pc.86224/

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    Nano defender may not be needed as it there's a list you can add instead of using an extra extension, maybe also out down the version of ESET & how you finding VDS twinned alongside ESET? Would of thought ESET alone with good browser habits would of been enough. << (just my opinion though, your experience may differ :p)

~LDogg

Reactions: devjit2018

harlan4096

Level 60
    Verified
    Staff member
    Malware Hunter
    @devjit2018: please kindly consider:
    • Please specify the exact version (in number) of ESET IS & VooDooShield.
    • ESET IS well tweaked does not need VS as a companion.
    • If Your system has enough specs, You should update to W10 (more secure and longer updates support).
    • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and not only in cloud.
      As for "Web Privacy", You may add a VPN service.
    • Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here.
    Thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:

Reactions: devjit2018

devjit2018

Level 10
    Verified
    Malware Tester
    @devjit2018: please kindly consider:
    • Please specify the exact version (in number) of ESET IS & VooDooShield.
    • ESET IS well tweaked does not need VS as a companion.
    • If Your system has enough specs, You should update to W10 (more secure and longer updates support).
    • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and not only in cloud.
      As for "Web Privacy", You may add a VPN service.
    • Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here.
    Thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:
    I updated my config mentioning the version numbers.
    ESET IS is a solid AV but I kept Voodooshield to protect against scripts. However, I uninstalled Voodooshield and instead used NVT SysHardener to Block Powershell, WSH and other required changes.
    My PC is more than powerful to handle Windows 10 but for some reason, I find my games running smoothly on Windows 7 although it maybe a placebo effect since my favourite OS is still Windows 7.
    Since this PC is used only for gaming and browsing the web, there is no important files or documents. I make full system backup images monthly.

devjit2018

Level 10
    Verified
    Malware Tester
    Nano defender may not be needed as it there's a list you can add instead of using an extra extension, maybe also out down the version of ESET & how you finding VDS twinned alongside ESET? Would of thought ESET alone with good browser habits would of been enough. << (just my opinion though, your experience may differ :p)

~LDogg
    Removed Nano Defender. Voodooshield did not impact the PC in any way as long as it was installed. I kept it mostly for protection against the new XBASH Script Malware. But I uninstalled it and instead used NVT SysHardener to disable Powershell, WSH and make the other recommended changes :)

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    Removed Nano Defender. Voodooshield did not impact the PC in any way as long as it was installed. I kept it mostly for protection against the new XBASH Script Malware. But I uninstalled it and instead used NVT SysHardener to disable Powershell, WSH and make the other recommended changes :)
    Good choice on the addition of NVT Syshardener! I use this myself. I have a new laptop coming shortly so I'll be having a much different setup!

~LDogg

Reactions: oldschool

Quassar

Level 12
    Verified
    If its only gaming system you can drop all real time solution and stay with restriction and use Shadow Defender in real time..
    Will be a lot better casue your system will be fresh all the time and hold best performance like after fresh instal system... but is depen in which heal status you shadow mode your system ^^

devjit2018

Level 10
    Verified
    Malware Tester
    If its only gaming system you can drop all real time solution and stay with restriction and use Shadow Defender in real time..
    Will be a lot better casue your system will be fresh all the time and hold best performance like after fresh instal system... but is depen in which heal status you shadow mode your system ^^
    I prefer at least one full time Internet security suite and for gaming pc's, I always choose ESET because to me it feels the lightest AV out there with virtually no impact. I had shadow defender but it happened a couple of times that I forgot to exit the shadow mode and played games in shadow mode. Thereafter when I shut down the PC all my progress was lost. *stupid me*

Quassar

Level 12
    Verified
    I prefer at least one full time Internet security suite and for gaming pc's, I always choose ESET because to me it feels the lightest AV out there with virtually no impact. I had shadow defender but it happened a couple of times that I forgot to exit the shadow mode and played games in shadow mode. Thereafter when I shut down the PC all my progress was lost. *stupid me*
    You no need exist shadow mode... just exlude game / folder path where game starage files and save or every time manual commint if game do some updates or save progress.

I have most games via steam so i have all games folder under 1 file so its easy for manage them for me ^^

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    As this is just gaming laptop you could just run On Demand scanners w/ Comodo Firewall or just VoodooShield. I don't believe any realtime function maybe needed, I could be wrong however.

~LDogg

devjit2018

Level 10
    Verified
    Malware Tester
    Guys there is one program that I tried on my laptop and am very impressed so far. It's OSArmor. Can I run OSArmor alongside ESET Internet Security without any conflict? I will uninstall Voodooshield before installing OSArmor.

devjit2018

Level 10
    Verified
    Malware Tester
    So far no problems at all using OSA with ESET. Seems to me like a match made in heaven, although at first every marriage feels like heaven :p
    My brother gave me a giveaway copy of Wise 365 Pro. He told me to ditch CCleaner and use it instead.

Last edited:
    Reactions: harlan4096