harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Dhruv2193: please kindly consider:

• Enable UAC, at Always Notify.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", Norton Power Eraser.
  • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and not only in cloud.
  • As for "Web Privacy", You may add some browser extensions: uBlock Origin, and a VPN service.
  • Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here.
Thanks for sharing Your config :)

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I would like to recommend that you add HTTPS Everywhere and uBlock Origin as well @Dhruv2193 . Both of these add-ons are highly recommended and I side with @JM Security 's recommendation here.

Personally, I use Norton Power Eraser as part of my Norton Security package and it is quite powerful. UAC should be ticked up to always notify as @harlan4096 has mentioned. Lowering the UAC below that mark isn't a great idea in my opinion.

Have you taken a look at Macrium Reflect (Free)? This is a great disk imaging utility that has a great addition called viBoot. Read more about viBoot here: Macrium Software | Macrium viBoot

I'm a big fan of Sticky Password manager myself. For added security, you can cancel out the cloud sync and perform manual backups. However, this password manager is great - in my humble opinion.

Once nice VPN that I would suggest looking into is Windscribe. Read more about Windscribe here: Windscribe

Windscribe features: Windscribe

Overviews/Reviews of Windscribe:

Windscribe VPN Reviews 2018 - Why 4.1 Stars?

Windscribe VPN Review 2018 - Secure & Minimal Logs - BestVPN.com

Windscribe Review

~Brian

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
  • Data Backup: Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect
  • System Utilties: Syshardener, Bleachbit
  • Search Engine: DuckDuckGo
The rest of your config looks good, thanks for sharing.
~LDogg

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.