Dhwan Configuration

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Thanks for sharing your config!! Just a question, how do you use Bitdefender as a second-opinion scanner? As a bonus, I would add these just in case.
Cheers :)

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I would install MBAM and keep it up to date just in case of infection. not on demand scanner.
I would install Qihoo 360IS instead of Avira. we found it very effective AV. I don't know if it will work on opera.

Thanks for sharing your config!! Just a question, how do you use Bitdefender as a second-opinion scanner? As a bonus, I would add these just in case.
his system is not infected from what i understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
I would install MBAM and keep it up to date just in case of infection. not on demand scanner.
I would install Qihoo 360IS instead of Avira. we found it very effective AV. I don't know if it will work on opera.

Yes, I know that his system is not infected. I recommended some tools just in case such an event were to happen ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would agree with the above suggestions.ADW Cleaner is a nice tool to have around in case you need it.
I would uninstall Bitdefender and use the on demand scanners suggested.
Other than that your config looks good!!

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello dhwan. As you browse using Opera, here's a method to harden your privacy:
Begin by going to "Settings".
  1. Select "Privacy & Security"
  2. Scroll down to Cookies.
  3. Mark "Keep local data only until I close my browser"
  4. Check the box "Block third-party cookies and site data.."
  • Use "New Private Window" often for it deletes browser history & data upon closing windows.;)
LastPass is an extension that will work within each of your browsers which will add encryption security with an ease of handling & generating more secure (formerly hard to remember) passwords. Read more about it here. www.lastpass.com

Thank you for your attention, as well as sharing your configuration. I like it!:)

Last edited:

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013

So, bitdefender can not to be second-opinion scanner? really?

Reactions: nissimezra

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013

so far i see, your right brother

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So, bitdefender can not to be second-opinion scanner? really?
Your description is very vague, so which Bitdefender product are you using?

Bitdefender Free Antivirus, Antivirus Plus, Internet Security, and Total Security cannot be used for a second-opinion as all product have real-time modules. They are supposed to be running all the time.

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
Hello dhwan. As you browse using Opera, here's a method to harden your privacy:
Begin by going to "Settings".
  1. Select "Privacy & Security"
  2. Scroll down to Cookies.
  3. Mark "Keep local data only until I close my browser"
  4. Check the box "Block third-party cookies and site data.."
  • Use "New Private Window" often for it deletes browser history & data upon closing windows.;)
LastPass is an extension that will work within each of your browsers which will add encryption security with an ease of handling & generating more secure (formerly hard to remember) passwords. Read more about it here. www.lastpass.com

Thank you for your attention, as well as sharing your configuration. I like it!:)

Can You explain why I must delete browser history and data?

Last edited:

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
Your description is very vague, so which Bitdefender product are you using?

Bitdefender Free Antivirus, Antivirus Plus, Internet Security, and Total Security cannot be used for a second-opinion as all product have real-time modules. They are supposed to be running all the time.

okay, I did mistake, I will revising now

S

Sr. Normal

Avira is very good at detection, but I do not like much like that "alone", I would accompany it of a firewall with HIPS as Comodo or Privatefirewall.

Thank you for sharing, kind regards

Reactions: tallorder and scot

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
Avira is very good at detection, but I do not like much like that "alone", I would accompany it of a firewall with HIPS as Comodo or Privatefirewall.

Thank you for sharing, kind regards

window firewall is not enough?

S

Sr. Normal

window firewall is not enough?

It is sufficient, but it does not have many options, as your antivirus.
In your combination, in my humble opinion, Sanbox and HIPS is absent. If you do not want to change the antivirus, you should change the firewall.
I have Qihoo 360 TS + Windows Firewall and these services that you lack, my antivirus covers them. And though I am very satisfied, I am thinking of changing my firewall into other one that he considers to be surer for me.

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
It is sufficient, but it does not have many options, as your antivirus.
In your combination, in my humble opinion, Sanbox and HIPS is absent. If you do not want to change the antivirus, you should change the firewall.
I have Qihoo 360 TS + Windows Firewall and these services that you lack, my antivirus covers them. And though I am very satisfied, I am thinking of changing my firewall into other one that he considers to be surer for me.

ok, I will try PrivateFirewall. Or Comodo Firewall is better maybe?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.