Dhwan Configuration

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
Privatefirewall is excellent and very very light, but I think that it is not updated.
Comfodo is excellent also, has Sandbox (Privatefirewall not) and there is thousand tutorials in the network for setup it since want.
I leave you a couple of links that I think that you will like to help yourself to choosing

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2422144,00.asp

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-firewall-protection.htm

the last link I was read recently :)

Reactions: nissimezra

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
Windows Firewall provides adequate protection for home use.

If you use Public WiFi / Hotspots, I recommend using a VPN to protect your browsing and computer usage whilst on these less trusted networks.

what's VPN ? and why?

Last edited:

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Can You explain why I must delete browser history and data?
you don't need to at all. if you have good AV you don't need to delete history.

remember
always to backup all of your data outside the computer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sr. Normal

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
don't! windows firewall is more than enough.
privatefirewall is nice but it has hell of false positive.
Comodo is heavy on the sys.

just install 360IS very good AV. you don't need more than that.

you can add Addguard or trafficlight

thanks for your advice.
it's interesting.
how about 360 total security?
should I remove Avira , and instal Qihoo 360 IS?

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Can You explain why I must delete browser history and data?
With respect to nissimezra whom I happen to agree with completely on the subject of Windows Fire wall being enough,;) deletion of browsing history is a practice which further ensures our movements are not followed, and information collected, as well as our acts of blocking trackers & deleting cookies (particularly 3rd party cookies). These steps I advise mainly for the sake of your personal privacy on a public internet highway. As New Private Window disables all extensions that can also track your movements (this is the price & reason extensions, many apps, & AVs, can be provided free of charge) you can further consider which extensions are absolutely necessary thus preserving the lightness of your system.:cool:

Last edited:

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
With respect to nissimezra whom I happen to agree with completely on the subject of Windows Fire wall being enough,;) deletion of browsing history is a practice which further ensures our movements are not followed, and information collected, as well as our acts of blocking trackers & deleting cookies (particularly 3rd party cookies). These steps I advise mainly for the sake of your personal privacy on a public internet highway. As New Private Window disables all extensions that can also track your movements (this is the price & reason extensions, many apps, & AVs, can be provided free of charge) you can further consider which extensions are absolutely necessary thus preserving the lightness of your system.:cool:

nice information brother, thanks a lot

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
ccleaner is better, reliable and won't kill your OS. It is safe to use. I don't use it on regular base only to clean a pc.
DON'T USE ANY OTHER CLEANER!
Qihoo proved to be a solid AV but I wouldnt use TS. simply coz you don't want\need all the bundle software.
ive used wisecare 365, auslogics bootspeed 7, there registry cleaners etc have worked fine for me and are safe to use, just make a backup just incase but ive never had anything go wrong.

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
ccleaner is better, reliable and won't kill your OS. It is safe to use. I don't use it on regular base only to clean a pc.
DON'T USE ANY OTHER CLEANER!
Qihoo proved to be a solid AV but I wouldnt use TS. simply coz you don't want\need all the bundle software.

I use Glary and Ccleaner also
now, I use Avira Free and 360IS (just now)

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
ive used wisecare 365, auslogics bootspeed 7, there registry cleaners etc have worked fine for me and are safe to use, just make a backup just incase but ive never had anything go wrong.

I used wisecare also for some time, but I removed it, and now just 2: glary and ccleaner

Reactions: nissimezra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.