Advice Request Did 360 TS (Patch Up) stop releasing patches???

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stas

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Windows Update keeps releasing patches every month but I haven't seen any patches been released for a few months from 360 TS Patch Up Tool. I think it stopped working few months ago when I updated 360 TS to latest version because before program update I saw there was security patches ready for download but after program update it showed no security updates. Now using latest version 8.2.0.1066 and still no security patches been released. Can someone confirm if your 360 TS Patch Up Tool working and shows new security updates for 2016???

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Confirm that for Win10 x64, both Home and Pro.
Especially the Home Version updates automatically (in the background) and in addition, those new cumulative system of 10 might lead to a conflict with Patch up (from what I know, they include all former patches). But please don't ask me for technical details, I'm no expert at this :)
Seems to work with 7, can't confirm now, it was a borrowed 7 Laptop used this month. All our systems at my home are already 10.

Maybe report that to Qihoo via Feedback feature @Stas :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Stas

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
I am using Win7 x64 so I just wanted to know if everyone else have the same problem with Patch Up Tool or is it just on my system.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Qihoo 360 Support Team

Level 1
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
I am using Win7 x64 so I just wanted to know if everyone else have the same problem with Patch Up Tool or is it just on my system.
Hi Stas,
Sorry for the late reply.
360 TS (Patch Up) never stops releasing patches for system and regular applications.
Before we release the patches, we will take restricted testing on the specific system envrionment.
But it is strange that there's no any patch detected by 360TS on your machine.
Would you mind contacting our support team via support@360safe.com for further help?
Or leave your contact information then we can look over this issue remotely on your machine?

Best Regards

Qihoo 360 Support Team

Level 1
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
Confirm that for Win10 x64, both Home and Pro.
Especially the Home Version updates automatically (in the background) and in addition, those new cumulative system of 10 might lead to a conflict with Patch up (from what I know, they include all former patches). But please don't ask me for technical details, I'm no expert at this :)
Seems to work with 7, can't confirm now, it was a borrowed 7 Laptop used this month. All our systems at my home are already 10.

Maybe report that to Qihoo via Feedback feature @Stas :)

Hey Der.Reisende,
There's no offline packages avaiable on Windows 10 platform from Microsoft, so there will no System upates detected in 360 Patch Up on Windows 10. But the updates for Office and updates for regular applications are still aviable. But if you never install Microsoft Office and other applications, there's no updates detected.
I think this is the reason the there's no updates detected on your Windows 10 laptop.
Any other questions, please contact our support team via support@360safe.com

Best Regards

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Hey Der.Reisende,
There's no offline packages avaiable on Windows 10 platform from Microsoft, so there will no System upates detected in 360 Patch Up on Windows 10. But the updates for Office and updates for regular applications are still aviable. But if you never install Microsoft Office and other applications, there's no updates detected.
I think this is the reason the there's no updates detected on your Windows 10 laptop.
Any other questions, please contact our support team via support@360safe.com

Best Regards
Thank you very much for your answer, @Qihoo 360 Support Team :)
No longer an M$ office user :) Ok, got that :)
Sure, will contact your support if there are any other problems, very kind as I experienced in the past, thank you :)

Reactions: Venustus

Stas

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Patch Up Tool is working now I tested with same program version that wasn't working before and now it works so the problem was at Qihoo's end.

Stas

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Tried Patch Up Tool and it's not working again it shows no security updates while windows update has 11 security updates. Send email to Qihoo 360 Support Team.
33kdwk3.jpg
k1ruon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.