Advice Request Digital business card recommendations?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

spiritedawaymadmax

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 1, 2022
Hi all!
I noticed how more and more companies implement digital business cards into their marketing agendas, and thought it wise to look for pointers here. So far, I've done some light research about this (the top results like Beaconstac, Adobe, Canva...) but haven't tried any of them in action. I'm a bit unclear on the security aspect of sharing any sort of company data via QR codes, and I know a lot of people outside of my professional career that would think twice before scanning them. So, I need to be 110% sure that there's zero room for breaches/leaks if I were to present DBCs as a "smart investment' opportunity during the next company meeting.

And one more thing: all of the eCards I've seen so far (mostly via email offers, etc.) had unique designs - is this something that even someone with basic knowledge of graphic design can achieve?
Any and all advice is welcomed :)

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Digital business cards can be a great investment for companies looking to upgrade their marketing strategies. Regarding security, it's important to make sure that the company you choose uses a secure platform and follows proper data protection practices. You can also provide instructions to your potential clients on how to scan the QR codes safely.

As for designing your digital business card, there are many tools available, including the ones you mentioned such as Canva and Adobe. With some basic knowledge of graphic design, you should be able to create a unique and visually appealing card. However, if you want to make sure that your digital business card stands out, you can also consider hiring a professional graphic designer.

Overall, it's essential to do your research and choose a reliable and secure provider for your digital business cards. This will help you avoid any potential issues and allow you to maximize the benefits of this marketing tool.

billink

Level 1
Feb 8, 2023
I can pitch in here - we've been pushing with digital cards lately and they've held their weight ROI-wise. Designing them is the easy part - these brands offer templates you can easily enrich. We started by making bulks of two different versions that we dispersed across various regions. This allowed us to track which design was performing better. At the same time, we tracked how our audience responded to the newsletters containing DBCs and the related social media posts (we also shared them with our direct partners and asked them to spread the word). So, they proved useful in unexpected ways too haha

Regarding the security factor, I haven't looked much into it honestly, but you cannot go wrong if you look for a SOC 2 certified platform.

spiritedawaymadmax

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 1, 2022
Thanks for pointing that out! I found a comparison piece on the best e-business cards and am making a pro and con list atm. We'll have to discuss this internally with the team, but I don't see why we wouldn't try it for a bit. The possibility of tracking user engagement via the digital cards really cought my eye though, not gonna lie :)

Last edited:
Reactions: billink

billink

Level 1
Feb 8, 2023
Good luck! Oh, and in my opinion - yes, basic knowledge of graphic design is more than enough, if any, depending on the software you choose.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.