Digital Car-jackers show off New Attacks (Video)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Digital Carjackers Show Off New Attacks (Published on 24 Jul 2013)
A couple of hackers show off a series of nasty new attacks on cars—with Forbes' Andy Greenberg behind the wheel.

"Stomping on the brakes of a 3,500-pound Ford Escape that refuses to stop--or even slow down--produces a unique feeling of anxiety. In this case it also produces a deep groaning sound, like an angry water buffalo bellowing somewhere under the SUV's chassis. The more I pound the pedal, the louder the groan gets--along with the delighted cackling of the two hackers sitting behind me in the backseat.

Luckily, all of this is happening at less than 5mph. So the Escape merely plows into a stand of 6-foot-high weeds growing in the abandoned parking lot of a South Bend, Ind. strip mall that Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek have chosen as the testing grounds for the day's experiments..."

To continue reading please visit:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/07/24/hackers-reveal-nasty-new-car-attacks-with-me-behind-the-wheel-video/

Last edited by a moderator:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
It looks cool, but never would I like that to happen to me.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's still possible, future cars may be more easy to exploit as they gain more modern technology with the current software.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.