Dinosaur

Infected operating system
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Infected device issues
It appears that a virus wanting me to update Flash has gotten into me computer.

jvan

Thread author
May 4, 2020
Good evening! I am a dinosaur and even scared to be on this website...as I have no idea about computers...but keep getting popups that I know are not legit. The main on of late keeps saying I need to update Flash. Also, that guy MacKeeper pops up, and I see that as spam...any legitimacy to it?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Good evening! I am a dinosaur and even scared to be on this website...as I have no idea about computers...but keep getting popups that I know are not legit. The main on of late keeps saying I need to update Flash. Also, that guy MacKeeper pops up, and I see that as spam...any legitimacy to it?
These pop-ups are usually displayed to trick you into installing potentially unwanted programs on your computer. Do not install MacKeeper or any Flash update. In most cases, these ads are shown by ads on the sites you visit.

Let's install an ad blocker on your browser and see if we can stop this and other ads from pop-ing up.

Please install the AdGuard extension:

1. Download the extension from the App Store and run it.
  2. Click "Open preferences" in the dialogue box.
  3. In the Safari Preferences check the boxes "AdGuard Safari Icon", "AdGuard Security", "AdGuard Privacy", "AdGuard Advanced Blocking", and "AdGuard General".
  4. You should not see the MacKeep pop-ups or other ads on the site you visit.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.