Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
I update apps automatically .
The only reason because I don't have iOS 10 yet is because it still has lots of bugs ;)

I recommend adguard: it has many filters that you can enable ( like ublock origin ) and , if it misses some ads , it has a tool to easily add specific filters for them by simply tap safely the ad )

Oh! Two step authentication on iCloud of course !

I appreciate suggestions :)

Last edited:

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
No Touch ID?

I had it. Then i disabled it because ( maybe it sounds stupid / improbable / paranoid ) I don't know how Apple Store my fingerprint so I imagined that if a crew of hackers come into apple servers ( like yahoo maybe , something like that, but I could be wrong ) I can change a pin/ pw many times but not my hands :D

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
About Touch ID security on iPhone and iPad

Secure Enclave
Touch ID doesn't store any images of your fingerprint. It stores only a mathematical representation of your fingerprint. It isn't possible for someone to reverse engineer your actual fingerprint image from this mathematical representation. The chip in your device also includes an advanced security architecture called the Secure Enclave which was developed to protect passcode and fingerprint data. Fingerprint data is encrypted and protected with a key available only to the Secure Enclave. Fingerprint data is used only by the Secure Enclave to verify that your fingerprint matches the enrolled fingerprint data. The Secure Enclave is walled off from the rest of the chip and the rest of iOS. Therefore, iOS and other apps never access your fingerprint data, it's never stored on Apple servers, and it's never backed up to iCloud or anywhere else. Only Touch ID uses it, and it can't be used to match against other fingerprint databases.

Enable Touch ID.

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Wow thank you ! :) you reassured me , so probably I will turn Touch ID on again.

But remember of Apple/FBI, nothing is absolutely secure .
But since I am not a terrorist or something like that , I should be pretty safe

Ok I turned on fingerprint again :)

Last edited:

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
I want to specify that my iPhone locks after 30 seconds of inactivity ( in the option you set immediately or more than a minute ), or if I touch the power button

And nothing can be seen from the lock screen( no Notification Center ,no app from the bottom, except for camera that can't Be disabled it seems )

@Spawn sorry for bothering: maybe I wrongly understood your wizard : you say pin and passcode , actually the 4 or 6 digit is called passcode on my iPhone ( English language ) And I was using it . It seems there is nothing called PIN ( the only pin is that one of the SIM card ) , and it seems you are obliged to turn on passcode even if you use Touch ID to unlock the iphone . It is right ?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.