shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
So, Can I use KIS (firewall disabled) and CF, together?.
you can try, but conflicts might crop up. You are better off uninstalling KIS, and replacing it with KAV. That's what they say on the Kaspersky forum. When uninstalling KIS, you can opt to save your settings, and it will carry over to KAV, more or less.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
my common sense told me that if I disable the firewall module, it won't conflict with a 3rd party firewall. But here we see that the common sense of an intermediate-level user is not the same as that of a dev or a tester...
It wasn't a direct attack against yourself, but generally speaking. That's why vendors offer Antivirus and Suites separately.

Does someone lose empathy when he gets a staff position on this site?
Either @mamamia was joking, or didn't read what @shmu26 wrote.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It wasn't a direct attack against yourself, but generally speaking. That's why vendors offer Antivirus and Suites separately.
I never thought anyone was on the attack -- actually, I very much enjoyed the contrast in common sense between the rookies and the experts.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Kasperksy firewall and Comodo Firewall both have strong components on their protection so rely one of them and just tweak it properly.

Tweak is the key of all products and without adjusting the configuration then some users will just complain about its ineffective without trying it.

Morvotron

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks for the recommendations everyone. Anyways, this thread is almost an year old and i just rely on Norton Standard with its included firewall now.

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Comodo Firewall is good but as KIS has a firewall it may be the best to use that for full use of the product and undesired conflicts.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I actually have Kaspersky Internet Security as my security suite, which has an integrated firewall.

Should i disable the antivirus firewall and enable Comodo Firewall? (it's not Comodo IS, just free firewall).

Or should i use KIS firewall alone?
I do think that you should use Kaspersky's built-in firewall. The firewall in KIS 2016 integrates very well with the other security features from this product, and has a lot of settings which you can use to configure it as you see fit. Example: http://support.kaspersky.com/12092#block1
1.jpg 2.jpg
There would be no real advantages in using the Comodo Firewall as the Kasperky Firewall is more stable, is integrated in your security setup already, has no additional system impact and you've already paid for it.
If you want to increase your system security, you should modify some of Kaspersky settings instead of installing other products.

Last edited:

Morvotron

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Indeed, back when i had Kaspersky i switched to antivirus version and used Comodo Firewall. Now when i won Norton Security license here on the forums i combined it with Comodo. Days ago i realised this new Norton version included its own firewall, so now i just rely on Norton and its built in firewall. Plus other software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.