Disable Norton Smart Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaZa9

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Hi, I'm currently using Norton Internet Security 2014 and I'm very happy with it.. but i read somewhere that disabling Norton Smart updates increases detection... I googled and didn't find anything... is it means disabling the AutoUpdate from "Settings -> Computer -> Updates" ? if itsn't then please give me the way to disable it and disabling this may affect the whole protection or what?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
About Smart Definitions
For faster downloads and installation purpose, Norton AntiVirus classifies these virus definitions into two sets.
Complete - Contains all the virus definitions for each threat that is known to Symantec.
Core - Contains the most important virus definitions that are required for latest security threats as viewed by Symantec.

Smart Definitions decreases installer size and definition download size for the user.

NUWANTHA

Level 1
Apr 22, 2013
Hello DaZa9,and first of all merry Christmas for all.Glad to know you too because i'm pleasure to use norton IS.
So in 2014 versions they removed that option,earlier this version it came in under the update settings now it's gone!

DaZa9

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Hello DaZa9,and first of all merry Christmas for all.Glad to know you too because i'm pleasure to use norton IS.
So in 2014 versions they removed that option,earlier this version it came in under the update settings now it's gone!
Okay thank you for the info! as well as Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.