DISH Network Offline, Remote Employees Cut Off And Asking Whether They'll Be Paid

plat

Level 29
Thread author
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
The widespread outage affects Dish.com, Dish Anywhere app as well as several websites and networks owned by the corporation. Customers also suggest the company's call center phone numbers are unreachable.

Additionally, customers are facing authentication issues when signing into TV channel apps such as MTV & Starz via their Dish credentials.

Dish Network's remote employees have been cut off from accessing their work systems.

Despite several reports that this was a targeted and ransomed attack, it's not yet confirmed. I'd like to see an update to this news article eventually. The comments following the article are interesting too.

Twitter Source

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
What is with Bleeping Computer? Once again i am blocked from accessing this article via the provided link.

"Error 1008: Bleeping Computer has banned your IP address"

• Wow
Reactions: plat and Sammo

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Could be caused if you are using a VPN. If so, try a different server.
I am, ProtonVPN plus anti-trackers, ad blockers, A/V, etc. What Bleeping Computer have to say doesn't interest me enough to change any thing, including server's. I just find it interesting...

• Wow
Reactions: Sammo and plat

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
I am, ProtonVPN plus anti-trackers, ad blockers, A/V, etc. What Bleeping Computer have to say doesn't interest me enough to change any thing, including server's. I just find it interesting...
I have had similar problems on some sites when I am on a Performive server. I just change my VPN location temporarily and it works fine.

plat

Level 29
Thread author
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Update: DISH confirms it was ransomware. Although DISH does not disclose the origin of the ransom, nor confirm or deny whether personal info was stolen, Bleeping Computer speculates the actor behind this is Black Basta. If there's more, I'll continue to update. DISH is very close-mouthed at the moment.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
DISH slapped with multiple lawsuits after ransomware cyber attack
Dish Network has been slapped with multiple class action lawsuits after it suffered a ransomware incident that was behind the company's multi-day "network outage."

These class action lawsuits, filed across different states, allege that DISH "overstated" its operational efficiency while having a deficient cybersecurity and IT infrastructure. The legal actions aim to recover losses faced by DISH investors who were adversely affected by what has been dubbed a "securities fraud."

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.