Disk defrag software

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc2150dx

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 4, 2014
Is there any other free defrag software that will 'defrag & Optimize' your hard drive besides Auslogics / Iobit?

Thanks,

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I thought Windows has a built-in defrager?
It does, and since Vista, it automatically runs a defrag weekly. However, some of the third party alternatives have more options, and in some cases they can improve disk performance more than Microsoft's defrag too. I say in some cases, because Microsoft's own defrag software works very well, and benchmarks show better performance from it than some of the alternatives.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Use Windows defrag at boot for the best results, it is also way faster. :cool:

Code:
Boot Windows USB - Repair - Troubleshoot - CMD - type/enter
c:
cd windows
cd system32
defrag c: /u

Attachments

• capture_08052017_110335.jpg
    capture_08052017_110335.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 555
  • capture_08052017_110940.jpg
    capture_08052017_110940.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 488

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I tried many defraggers, I even own a license to O&O. In the end I decided to keep Auslogics. It's the fastest one I found and I can actually feel a difference in performance and boot speed after using it.

Reactions: The paranoid one

212eta

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
May 11, 2011
The Windowa 10 Built-in Defragmentation Tool,
as I saw no significant System Performance Gain
with these 3rd party Defrag Tools. ;) :cool:

Reactions: Pat MacKnife

monkeylove

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
From what I remember, one set of tests shows MyDefrag doing best, although for some tests the differences were not significant across various defrag programs.

In my case, I decided to get an SSD for the boot system and then use the built-in defrag in Win 8.1.

Reactions: roger_m
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.