Technology Disney+ Ad-supported Tier launches today

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The new Disney+ Basic plan costs $7.99 per month, the same price that the old plan without ads used to run. Ad-free Disney+ is rising to $10.99 per month, but customers can still utilize the Disney Bundle to save money. The company is currently offering multiple bundle options. the “Duo Basic” bundle allows customers to sign up for both the Hulu and Disney+ ad-supported tiers for just $9.99 per month, just $2 more than Disney+ Basic.

The “Trio Basic” package — which includes ESPN+, ad-supported Hulu, and Disney+ Basic — runs $12.99 per month, a savings of 49% over purchasing all three individual subscriptions. And the most expensive version of the Disney Bundle — Trio Premium — includes ad-free Disney+, ad-free Hulu, and ESPN+ (which does have ads, given the live nature of much of its content) for $19.99 per month.

Additionally, existing customers can keep The Disney Bundle that includes ad-free Disney+, Hulu with ads, and ESPN+ for $14.99 per month.

Price changes
1670515205550.png

Bundles
1670515221914.png

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
This is why Modded Apps are the best. As long as you know cyber forensics/malware analysis to not get infected 😂 I've paid nothing for all services and tv channels. My Spotify, YouTube premium, Sirius XM, and all other streaming platforms cost me nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
This is why Modded Apps are the best. As long as you know cyber forensics/malware analysis to not get infected 😂 I've paid nothing for all services and tv channels. My Spotify, YouTube premium, Sirius XM, and all other streaming platforms cost me nothing.
So your admitting that your basically a thief then? And because of that the people, like myself, who actually pay for these services have to pay a bit more because of theft.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
So your admitting that your basically a thief then? And because of that the people, like myself, who actually pay for these services have to pay a bit more because of theft.
I agree. When I was a teenager and up to my grad school years I admit I used to pirate things since well honestly I was a poor college kid and piracy came with the territory if you are in a tech field as a college kid. But after I left college and got a "real" job I left all the piracy tummfkery behind and decided to support those who create the content. Hell I actually purchase the bluerays and DVDs even if I have streaming since who knows when streaming purchase will no longer be in my library because the corporations bicker? Also if I am going to watch a movie in my home theater than a physical media it is. I do not want to sacrifice quality just because it's buffering. I didn't spend money on a 11.2.2 ATMOS and OLED just to watch inferior sound and video that is called streaming.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
The major problem is pushing advertising on streaming platforms and increasing prices pushes ordinary people towards piracy. Most people would rather pay for original and better-quality content and format than pirate for sure, but when it's between eating breakfast or buying food for the day or the latest Netflix or Disney+ series then there is only going to be one winner and that is piracy. Does it make it right? No but it's the reality of the world we live in, and you have to accept that.

I fully support regional pricing models where the poorer the country you live in then the cheaper it is. Does this stop people in richer countries using a vpn to access cheaper pricing models? No but at least you can support regions where income is lower than 1st world countries. Piracy is huge in 3rd world countries because people simply don't have the means to buy official content or streaming services and they should not miss out on entertainment just because they earn less than others.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
The major problem is pushing advertising on streaming platforms and increasing prices pushes ordinary people towards piracy. Most people would rather pay for original and better-quality content and format than pirate for sure, but when it's between eating breakfast or buying food for the day or the latest Netflix or Disney+ series then there is only going to be one winner and that is piracy. Does it make it right? No but it's the reality of the world we live in, and you have to accept that.

I fully support regional pricing models where the poorer the country you live in then the cheaper it is. Does this stop people in richer countries using a vpn to access cheaper pricing models? No but at least you can support regions where income is lower than 1st world countries. Piracy is huge in 3rd world countries because people simply don't have the means to buy official content or streaming services and they should not miss out on entertainment just because they earn less than others.
We basically squared the circle. First there was tv over air and it was free vut ad supported. Then came cable with a promise that if you purchase cable (80s) then the content will be ad free since you are already paying for it. That latest a few years and then ads creeped into it. Then came streaming promising that if you pay a fraction of a price of cable but for a fraction of the cable content (basically alacarte) then it will be ad free. That lasted a few years and then ads begun to appear. Then streaming services started bundling other streaming services and in the end it became as expensive as cable with still less content and now ads.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
We basically squared the circle. First there was tv over air and it was free vut ad supported. Then came cable with a promise that if you purchase cable (80s) then the content will be ad free since you are already paying for it. That latest a few years and then ads creeped into it. Then came streaming promising that if you pay a fraction of a price of cable but for a fraction of the cable content (basically alacarte) then it will be ad free. That lasted a few years and then ads begun to appear. Then streaming services started bundling other streaming services and in the end it became as expensive as cable with still less content and now ads.
What's worse is just how fragmented streaming is nowadays. The fact that I'm forced to subscribe to 3 - 5 different streaming services just to watch a handful of shows each season is ridiculous.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
What's worse is just how fragmented streaming is nowadays. The fact that I'm forced to subscribe to 3 - 5 different streaming services just to watch a handful of shows each season is ridiculous.
yeap hence I gave up on Streaming except for Disney+ (because of Toddler). I just re-signed up for ATT Fibre TV bundle that comes with 280 channels including HBO, Showtime and Cinemax along witgh 1 Gigabit symmetric internet all for $109/month. Sure it costs a bit more than one or two streaming services but I don't have to pick and choose which streaming I want to use...all of the "cable" in my ATT package is on demand so I can watch whatever I show I want and whenever I want it. I also have Amazon Prime Video since it comes with my prime so there is that.

In the end ATT 1 Gig Fibre w/o cable was $79 with cable it's $109 so for $30 more I can forgo all the tumfkery that is streaming .

Reactions: Jack

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Ten months on from the US launch of the ad-supported Disney Plus Basic subscription, the streaming service has launched its cheaper offering in the UK – with a different name and a few tweaks.

Disney Plus had already announced that its new 'Standard with Ads' plan (£4.99 a month) would be launching in the UK on November 1. We also knew that the 'Standard' plan (£7.99 a month, or £79.90 a year) would be capped at 1080p resolution without HDR, leaving the 'Premium' tier (£10.99 a month, or £109.90 a year) as the only way to experience Disney Plus in full 4K HDR glory with Dolby Atmos sound.
Story via Disney Plus brings its cheaper ad-based tier to the UK – 5 things you need to know
  • 'Standard with Ads' costs the same as Netflix's ad-supported tier
  • An average of four minutes of ads per hour
  • Ads won't interrupt your movies
  • No ads in Junior Mode
  • Premium tier is now the only way to watch Disney Plus in 4K

JustInTime

Level 1
Feb 21, 2022
Amazon cracked the code of Netflix losing subscribers, release one episode per week for 3-4 months. Many of my friends just subscribe to Netflix only when new season drops.
Spotify is absolutely s#!t though, I mean who pushes ads in a song. I am so glad that we have Wynk in India. Very few ads 320kbps streaming for free, pay if you want to go ad free and download the songs.

JustInTime

Level 1
Feb 21, 2022
Unless something has changed since the last time I used it, Spotify only plays Ads between songs and not mid-song.
Yes that is standard practice for ads but I was listening some songs on my sister's device and I got an ad for Spotify Premium during the song.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes that is standard practice for ads but I was listening some songs on my sister's device and I got an ad for Spotify Premium during the song.
Check for any app updates, or see if others are also reporting issues with that build number.

Were you playing music from a playlist or album?

JustInTime

Level 1
Feb 21, 2022
Check for any app updates, or see if others are also reporting issues with that build number.

Were you playing music from a playlist or album?
That was 2-3 months ago. I don't use Spotify. But I played a song from search.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
release one episode per week for 3-4 months.
This is how 99% shows I watch are released. It keeps me subscribed to a primary streaming service where most of said shows get released, but then a few shows will crop up on other services that I don't continually subscribe to and where there might only be one show I want to watch on that service, so I'm forced to subscribe for months just to watch that one show. Couple that with the endless price rises and it's just fuelling thoughts that I'd be better off just pirating those shows not being released on the primary service, and I'd wager I'm not the only one feeling that way.

Last edited:

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I only start watching a season after all episodes are released. I'm not in the mood to wait for them to continue adding episodes week after week.

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
I agree. When I was a teenager and up to my grad school years I admit I used to pirate things since well honestly I was a poor college kid and piracy came with the territory if you are in a tech field as a college kid. But after I left college and got a "real" job I left all the piracy tummfkery behind and decided to support those who create the content. Hell I actually purchase the bluerays and DVDs even if I have streaming since who knows when streaming purchase will no longer be in my library because the corporations bicker? Also if I am going to watch a movie in my home theater than a physical media it is. I do not want to sacrifice quality just because it's buffering. I didn't spend money on a 11.2.2 ATMOS and OLED just to watch inferior sound and video that is called streaming.
Get the BluRay Rips. Lol I'm on 4k and 8k. Titles cost me nothing. Oh and don't forget that spacial audio :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.