DivX Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I have recently downloaded the DivX Player from cnet. I was wondering if any of you all have used it, and if so, have you had any problems out of it? How would you rate it?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I am not a fan of the DivX Player or their software. There are far better alternatives (VLC or certain codec packs to accompany WMP).

In the past, I have only ever installed the DivX Codec Pack (for CamStudio to record in HD-quality) and play MKV files for WMP.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I have had good luck with the VLC player but the DivX seems to have better video quality.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm not certain, but could it because of the DivX Codec?

I should have mentioned before, I have had difficulties uninstalling their software.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
For some video files, DivX Player has better quality than any of the other media players that I have tried. But that is only a select few video files. VLC, JetAudio and other players have about equal quality on most video files that I have tried in the past.

The one thing that I can't stand about DivX Player it is very slow at launching and at the start of playing each file about (45 sec) delay compared to JetAudio. So if you are in a hurry then might consider skipping DivX Player.

Thanks.:D

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
I have in the past used it but now after trying VLC and so many others I have come to the conclusion the best option for me is the x64 portable (x86 and installer versions also available) version of MPC Home Cinema which has built-in support for practically anything audio or video and no extra bloat. It does EXACTLY what I expect of it and nothing less, has never for MANY years ever given me any issues and considering the recent mention of security ricks associated with VLC I think it the best option. Maybe you'd want to give it a chance yourself? http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm not sure if I used Divx Player before so I cannot comment for that also I barely watching videos uses like Divx.

asrielrusdyawan

May 13, 2011
It's better for me to use many other alternatives Video Player. I choose PotPlayer+VLC & combine this both two video player to become powerful video player ever..:D:D:D

THX, LJBU

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.