Maintenance tools
ccleaner

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
I do custom ( each 1 or 2 months ) image backup to external device too.

feel free to give any opinion bcs i tested alot of security products,i find this one the perfect combo and light impact on pc resources.

Last edited:

XavierGaming

Level 3
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
You should use a good anti-exploit to protect your browsers, flash, java and etc. preferably a free one like EMET, if you like tweaking or Malwarebytes Anti-exploit, if you like simplicity.

You may also use Qihoo Essentials to sandbox you browsers if you wish to.

As always, test software in a virtual machine as it may cause damages and etc.

You shoud also use a free patching software such SuMo Lite, Patch My PC, and etc.

And you should also follow @Tornado's advice.

:D

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
i will try the total security, UAC still on to mid settings, i dont think running in sandbox or use antiexploit.. im really dont visit " posible dangerous pages, or donwload unknow software, atm the 3 residents ( adfender + quihoo + private firewall ) block efective all posible infections i "get"
the problem still on smartscreen cant activate again.. like in the pic i upload. thx

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 383

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
Follow this advices

About Smartscreen : are you using admin account or standard account?

P.S: i have edited your config since you ave enabled UAC

im on admin account.
Since i never visited more " strange pages " and dont donwload anything i dont know. im usign the best defense : beware on ur moves in internet :p

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
It's always good to be safe and add Malwarebytes Anti Exploit you can't even feel it affecting the computer's performance.

Reactions: dJim

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
It's always good to be safe and add Malwarebytes Anti Exploit you can't even feel it affecting the computer's performance.

for what i see. malwarebytes anti exploit is pay.. sorry but atm i cant pay for any program and i really hate use the " free " version with very limited options compared to "pro".
anyway.. for what i know the Av + firewall plus some tweaks on services, SO config, control autoruns etc; doing great job vs those kind of atacks.

Reactions: Logethica

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
for what i see. malwarebytes anti exploit is pay..

Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Free is good browser and java exploit protection. The other features are not as important anyway.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So far so good on the configuration, well if you cannot fix the gray out option for Smartscreen then try the link from AskVG

It deals to fix by using group policy or registry.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.