Solved DLLHOST.exe - CPU usage at 99% constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonDawnNC

Thread author
Dec 23, 2017
However after all what I have done it suddenly got worse. I did restarts of my computer and let the antivirus/anti-malware do it's thing however now it just says there is nothing infecting the computer? COM surrogate is now using up to 90% - 99% CPU by itself and I am lost on what to do.

(A big thanks to anyone who may be able to help me. I don't know if I may sound like a novice but this is the first time i've ever hit a large roadblock with computers this hard.)

NeonDawnNC

Thread author
Dec 23, 2017
Nevermind. I managed to fix it however i'm not completely sure how. What I did however was close down most of the background processes wait for the computer to catch up a bit just to make sure the processes get back (Well the ones that naturally get recalled anyway and obviously don't end any windows processes(This is in task manager)) Then after all that I shut down the COM surrogate that was specifically taking up alot of the CPU. I think this is only a temporary fix but if it work for someone else I think it may be notable.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Perhaps a coin miner?

I would recommend running Trend Micro House Call and Zemana Portable. We've found coin miners and file-less malware with both of these products. Also try HitmanPro and if needed to remove malware activate a 30 day license.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.