From schiffer.tech
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 31, 2019
dns1.png
dns2.png

DNS requests allow you to connect to websites and services without problems. Unencrypted DNS requests allow your ISP or network provider to monitor your behaviour. Furthermore malware, ads or tracking make use of DNS resolving too and that is why DNSpecter can not only identify such request, but block and monitor them. Make use of our feature 'ask to resolve' in order to allow each host name manually. This is necessary when you want an application to use the internet, but it should not submit telemetry data to the telemetry host.

It is finally possible to block every DNS resolution, including system ones which might bypass the hosts file.

dns3.png

For more information please visit following URL.

If you have any problems or suggestions, please contact us via our website or by using this forum.

HSDev

From schiffer.tech
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 31, 2019
@Spawn
A secure DNS server in your browser (e.g. DoH) or VPN cannot provide the same functionality. Therefore, here are a few advantages over them:

- Encrypted DNS system wide, not limited to your browser
- System wide DNS firewall, including optional local DNS logging
- Alerts about malicous connections and not simple blocking (for those DNS servers which filter)
- Proxy support for DNS resolutions only

Rather, think of our program as an extension to your existing programs and policies.

rndmblk

Level 3
Nov 18, 2020
Are you able to compare DNSpecter to yogadns (yogadns.com) I use yogadns currently as I found it whilst looking for a way to direct all DNS queries to Next DNS via DOH.

They describe it as:
"YogaDNS automatically intercepts DNS requests at the system level and allows you to process them over user-defined DNS servers using modern protocols and flexible rules"

I have to admit one attractive feature of YogaDNS is also the free price :) It's been working well for me - I've tested a few browsers and test.nextdns.io shows my system is using DOH as expected.

Last edited:

wat0114

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
Sorry I was asking to compare DNSpecter to YogaDNS. YogaDNS is free so my comment was meaning to say I think YogaDNS has some good features, one of which is it's free price :) Apologies for the confusion

That's okay, all clear now. Thanks!

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.