dnt like this site anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
posted a legit thread about spyware scanners and some moderator deleted it for some reason i dnt know why but if legit threads i make get deleted then im done with this site. im greatful for everyone who has helped me though in the past and i thanks you.

but clearly my posts are not wanted here by admins or mods or whoever removed my post so il jsut stick with the programs i have

Reactions: Koroke San

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
posted a legit thread about spyware scanners and some moderator deleted it for some reason i dnt know why but if legit threads i make get deleted then im done with this site. im greatful for everyone who has helped me though in the past and i thanks you.

but clearly my posts are not wanted here by admins or mods or whoever removed my post so il jsut stick with the programs i have

It might just be a precaution thing... even if you only mean to help. Sometimes they have to take things down, for whatever reason might be.

Hope you stay on, but good luck onto your next site if you don't.

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Verified
May 11, 2015
Perhaps you could message a moderator and ask instead of posting here and complaining about it? Unlike a another popular forum whose name will go unnamed, the mods here don't just remove things because they can or because they don't like it. Either your post contained links to risky software or something else was wrong. I wasn't there and didn't see it, but these guys don't remove very much so something had to be up.

Reactions: Venustus

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

I am sorry you want to leave the site but without a link or the name of the thread and where it was posted I cannot tell you why it was removed.
Posts are removed for various reasons and a member should not take this personally.Many times these have already been posted,are not properly posted,violate the rules,are considered spam,etc.
You are not being singled out or is it true that your posts "are not wanted here by admins or mods or whoever removed my post"
I hope you reconsider leaving the site however we as Admins/Moderators are responsible to maintain the site within the rules and guidelines stipulated by the forum owner.The moderation here is very lax compared to many sites however we cannot please everyone.
I personally answer all PM's sent to me and myself and all Admins/Mods are very approachable so there is no reason why anyone with a problem should feel intimidated about asking one of us personally.
This however should be taken up via PM with one of us and we will invite all staff to the conversation so that you will get the answer you are looking for and that answer will be fair.
You have been an active member here and I hope you will stay :)

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Verified
May 11, 2015
When a post is removed, for whatever reason, perhaps a PM to the poster informing them of the action, and why, would alleviate this kind of confusion.

Actually that's not a bad idea, especially if the post wasn't "bad". I guess that depends on how many posts they have to remove per day. Either way, putting it on the forum and saying you're taking your ball and going home won't really get you anywhere.

Reactions: OokamiCreed

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
When a post is removed, for whatever reason, perhaps a PM to the poster informing them of the action, and why, would alleviate this kind of confusion.
When they are deleted from within a thread then we try and insert a reason.When they are removed via the Moderation Queue then there is no option to inform the member.Due the high moderation volume sending a PM to every deleted or removed from public view post is just not an option.
  • We have moderated members for rule violations(have to approve every post) *Unfortunately Moderation is the only way to gain control
  • We have 2 forums that are moderated due to past problems(have to approve every post) *Unfortunately Moderation is the only way to gain control
  • Members who don't bother to read the rules
  • Members who don't use the search option before posting
  • Members who continually post one or two word replies(spam)
  • Members who double,triple & quadruple post
  • We have to move threads posted in the wrong section
  • On top of all this run giveaways and try and sift through 60-100 replies and weed out those who don't follow those guidelines

I am not complaining but would hope that members would understand this an accept the moderators decision since as you can see we have a full plate already.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Perhaps you could message a moderator and ask instead of posting here and complaining about it? Unlike a another popular forum whose name will go unnamed, the mods here don't just remove things because they can or because they don't like it. Either your post contained links to risky software or something else was wrong. I wasn't there and didn't see it, but these guys don't remove very much so something had to be up.
And extreme censorship on that "other" site
;);):)

If it is of any comfort I have had posts deleted because they have been off topic or for any other reason!I take no personal offence to that!
I hope you stay!!
Cheers!:)

Last edited:

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Verified
May 11, 2015
And extreme censorship on that "other" site
;);):)

Eh, less censorship and more just plain "don't like it so I'll remove it". That site just unfortunately developed into cliques over the last 5 years and a couple of the more prominent mods became less "mod" and more "bud". It just isn't a place I'd recommend anymore, if you disagree with any of the top posters you'll either need a volcanologist suit or you'll get bickered back and forth with until it just isn't worth it anymore. At least here if you're wrong someone will very likely point out information explaining so, instead of " You're wrong,gtfo idiot".

Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Eh, less censorship and more just plain "don't like it so I'll remove it". That site just unfortunately developed into cliques over the last 5 years and a couple of the more prominent mods became less "mod" and more "bud". It just isn't a place I'd recommend anymore, if you disagree with any of the top posters you'll either need a volcanologist suit or you'll get bickered back and forth with until it just isn't worth it anymore. At least here if you're wrong someone will very likely point out information explaining so, instead of " You're wrong,gtfo idiot".
That is basically what I meant!!;):)
Cheers!:)

Reactions: Koroke San

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I kindly ask members not to take moderator's decisions personally, and not to presume that decision was made because some of the staff doesn't "like" the member. Especially that's not the reason to go away from the forums.
There is no reason for having an extra thread for every deleted post. Private message would be more cleaner.
Stay safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.