Advice Request Do Firefox Proxy/VPN Add-ons for Android work?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
After trying most from this list, some were not compatible, needed a registered account or didn't load any settings. Eventually I got Privatix installed and could configure a location, but was not sure if it was hiding my IP.

Search results for "Vpn" – Add-ons for Android

Question: Do any Proxy/VPN Add-ons for the Firefox browser on Android, actually function?

You can try by installing Firefox for Android, then browse the Add-ons and see if any work for you.

Windscribe, ZenMate, Hola - Required an account (n)
CyberGhost, Hoxx - not compatible (n)
Browsec - installed but failed to display any settings (n)

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Installed it just now, enabled it, and went on whatismyip.com
the IP was my original ISP IP.
also the locations tab was broken.
I think it doesn't support android version of Firefox.

also just an fyi, the logo is an inverted version of Bitwarden's logo, kinda sketchy if you ask me.
company seems to be registered in Cyprus too.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes, I have read the reviews, they are mixed experiences, but it's the only one that installed without any requirements (refer to my first post).

But back to the point, does Firefox for Android support these VPN/proxy add-ons? If not, why are they offered.

If you have a Windscribe or other ones, does it work?

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hmmm... to be sure, first point is: I read the comments, reviews (of those who have something to say after the download) of an add-on or extension that interests me.
If I want to check the change of my IP cause I've download a proxy or VPN - I check my IP with these free tools:
How to find and check my IP address
IP-Secrets - What is my IP?
My Location
Of course, we have on the web more free tools like these above, but these are which I prefer much...

--------------------------------------------------------------

For proxy or VPN for android, I have the confidence on Ultrasurf, so check Ultrasurf VPN for Android
Ultrasurf VPN for Android 1.0.6 Beta
Last updated: March 1, 2018
Developer: UltraReach Internet Corp.
License:Freeware
File size: 4.2 MB
Downloads: 20,840
User rating:
4.gif
61 votes
Download options (not this blue button above, I think!):

"Free proxy-based tool for internet privacy and security that allows you to bypass firewalls and protect your identity online. Access websites blocked by the government.
Fast and Free VPN, No trials, No registrations, No logins, No bandwidth limitations, No Ads. Unblocks popular apps and websites: YouTube, Facebook, Google, Twitter ... Secure your connections on public WiFi hotspots, hide your IP to browse the web privately & anonymously. Works with Wifi, 4G, 3G.and all mobile data carriers. Very easy to use.

Ultrasurf is one of the most popular tools that helped millions of people around the world to bypass the internet censorship securely and freely. Our users also use Ultrasurf to protect their privacy and security by encryption and hiding their IPs. More and more users asked us to release a Android version, and we provide this beta version for you to test. Since it is a beta version, there may be bugs and glitches, please send feedback by email to info8@ultrasurf.us to help us fix problem and improve. Please do not give us bad ratings. Thank you."
ultrasurf.png

Last edited:

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Hmmm... to be sure, first point is: I read the comments, reviews (of those who have something to say after the download) of an add-on or extension that interests me.
If I want to change my IP cause download a proxy or VPN - I check my IP with these free tools:
How to find and check my IP address
IP-Secrets - What is my IP?
My Location
Of course, we have on the web more free tools like these above, but these are which I prefer much...

--------------------------------------------------------------

For proxy or VPN for android, I have the confidence on Ultrasurf, so check Ultrasurf VPN for Android
Ultrasurf VPN for Android 1.0.6 Beta
Last updated: March 1, 2018
Developer: UltraReach Internet Corp.
License:Freeware
File size: 4.2 MB
Downloads:
User rating:
4.gif
61 votes
Download options (not this blue button above, I think!):

"Free proxy-based tool for internet privacy and security that allows you to bypass firewalls and protect your identity online. Access websites blocked by the government.
Fast and Free VPN, No trials, No registrations, No logins, No bandwidth limitations, No Ads. Unblocks popular apps and websites: YouTube, Facebook, Google, Twitter ... Secure your connections on public WiFi hotspots, hide your IP to browse the web privately & anonymously. Works with Wifi, 4G, 3G.and all mobile data carriers. Very easy to use.

Ultrasurf is one of the most popular tools that helped millions of people around the world to bypass the internet censorship securely and freely. Our users also use Ultrasurf to protect their privacy and security by encryption and hiding their IPs. More and more users asked us to release a Android version, and we provide this beta version for you to test. Since it is a beta version, there may be bugs and glitches, please send feedback by email to info8@ultrasurf.us to help us fix problem and improve. Please do not give us bad ratings. Thank you."
ultrasurf.png
@Spawn wants to use a VPN extension in firefox, which I think is not possible on android.

Reactions: Prorootect

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.