Do I need to use EMET with CIS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhgamds

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 26, 2014
I've used CIS with proactive config. for several years.

AFAIK, comodo's HIPS and auto-sanbox are used for proactive defense.

but, I don't know wheather some browsers or applications' vulnerability can be protected by comodo's features or not.

MS claims EMET can do what i say. but, I saw some news that EMET was bypassed easily.

so, plz. let me know wheather comodo can protect vulnerability or not.

if it can't, I will use EMET alongside CIS.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
H

hjlbx

CIS does not provide anti-exploit for any apps.

Yes. EMET can by bypassed by certain malware - so can most any security soft.

If you are typical user then you are probably safe... it depends upon many factors - not just your chosen AV\AE.

If you use MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc, etc - then it won't hurt to add EMET.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I would say no, just keep your OS up to date. Comodo's sandbox should be able to catch the malware that will be using exploits to get into your system. :)

I too, also heard EMET can be easily bypassed. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit seems to be a way better alternative.

I personally don't use these kind of software. Especially since with Edge being a full 64 bit browser inside of a sandbox container of it's own. Exploits are going to have a hard time exploiting it compared to IE which was a exploiter's field day.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 178

EMET is a must have, not only for browsers but for almost all internet-facing applications. it doesn't matter if it "may" be bypassed , at least the intruders will have hard time to breach your system.

Hackers don't loose time to penetrate heavy secured systems (unless it is a dedicated objective) they will just move to a weakest one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.