Advice Request Do I still need HTTPS Everywhere with Windscribe VPN (Extension+Client)?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
HTTPS Everywhere helps to encrypt your browsing and communication by rewriting all http connections in the more secure HTTPS, if the site we are using is compatible.
Windscribe uses AES 256 with SHA-512 and 4096-bit RSA key plus a firewall that allows the IP will never be exposed, even in the case of loss of connection with Windscribe.
So I think that HTTPS Everywhere is redundant when you are using WS.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
HTTPS Everywhere helps to encrypt your browsing and communication by rewriting all http connections in the more secure HTTPS, if the site we are using is compatible.
Windscribe uses AES 256 with SHA-512 and 4096-bit RSA key plus a firewall that allows the IP will never be exposed, even in the case of loss of connection with Windscribe.
So I think that HTTPS Everywhere is redundant when you are using WS.
That's provided you always use Windscribe and starts with Windows start.

What happens if the website blocks the use of a VPN? I'm not talking of state firewall here

I think it's better just to leave the HTTPS extension there. No harm, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiny
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.