Do Malwarebytes use only hphosts links in their web detection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Hey.
Im wondering if Malwarebytes only uses hphosts links in their Web Protection. Because I added all of them to uBlock Origin, is it still necessary to enable web protection in their Premium program?
Hoping for the best performance possible for sure.
Thanks!

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I don't know if there's some sort of extra web antivirus or faster updates but Law of Diminishing Marginal Returns should apply. I wasn't able to get the whole hpHosts in uBlock Origin however.
MalwareBytes is big but Google/Microsoft is bigger. Their big data powers are really good here because they're clearly focusing on security so we don't have to.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I don't know if there's some sort of extra web antivirus or faster updates but Law of Diminishing Marginal Returns should apply. I wasn't able to get the whole hpHosts in uBlock Origin however.
MalwareBytes is big but Google/Microsoft is bigger. Their big data powers are really good here because they're clearly focusing on security so we don't have to.

I use all hphosts Individual Classifications lists in uBlock with no problem. I believe they are more complete and faster thank the regular big hphosts main txt file.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I use all hphosts Individual Classifications lists in uBlock with no problem. I believe they are more complete and faster thank the regular big hphosts main txt file.
Thought so. Just trust something and KISS it (Keep it Simple Stupid). Updates are consistently top in SANS and ASD documents anyway and applicable, usable and low maintenance for a home user. It's so good that everyone forces you to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.