Do the version of driver difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
Ok, lets try this. If you want to upgrade to windows 8, go ahead and do so. This time, let windows 8 install all available updates as Bora suggested, it will install the version of AMD's graphics you spoke of, run that version for a bit, if it is not up to the task, then use AMD's website to install latest version, it will offer to uninstall the other version before upgrading. Try tweaking some of the settings in the catalyst control panel, adjust your power settings to performance "if available", and go from there.
i already do this but performance doest be good. My graphic card is very old and very few people use it then amd guys dont update the driver like "Lets do the version 13.1, they dont use veru much" and thats it

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
May I ask, if you remember, what is the size of the driver (install package) for Windows 7 and size of the package for Windows 8? (Through Windows Update)

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
AMD dropped driver support for HD 4000 & below, so you can try to install ccc 13.9 on win 8 or else you can use default windows driver for your HD 2000 series GPU.
Normally I don't update drivers through Windows Update since it only provides you with latest driver and no interface like CCC to tweak settings of ur GPU.

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
AMD dropped driver support for HD 4000 & below, so you can try to install ccc 13.9 on win 8 or else you can use default windows driver for your HD 2000 series GPU.
Normally I don't update drivers through Windows Update since it only provides you with latest driver and no interface like CCC to tweak settings of ur GPU.
What are you saying is to install driver of windows 7 in windows 8 right?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
What are you saying is to install driver of windows 7 in windows 8 right?
Driver for your graphic card isn't totally supported by Windows 8. It's a legacy driver, very old with support to DirectX 10 and 10.1.
You can try download this from Softpedia
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GR...Pro-Graphics-Driver-89370-for-Windows-8.shtml
or Catalyst Software Suite directly from AMD
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows 8 - 64

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Stick with win 7 since the driver version and CCC version looks more polished & optimized than win 8.x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.