Do you have a memorable OS?

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
The topics of RAM and HDD make you feel the flow of time.
At that time, I was using Photoshop on a Mac with 1 GB of HDD in 128 MB of RAM.
Although the spec of pc has dramatically improved, stress is still not much different now.
Even if you change from a carriage to Ferrari, it is similar to the story that the stress that is kept waiting in the queue of traffic is together.

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
grew up with WinME that ran on 128mb ram then later got XP, during that time despite my very young age, I learnt to install WinXP alone :D
then on XP had 256mb with celeron cpu, felt like a god playing GTA vice city during that time in ~2002 (I remember those times very well till now, and still remember GTA VC map very well, eventho last time I ever played was around 2006 i think..) :LOL:

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Not used that many OSes. And even had computer/Internet rather late. XP was OK, had performance issues but mostly because the device wasn't powerful. 7 was good. 8.1 has been great. 8.1 had very few issues on its own. Android side, Kitkat was the best. I think Kitkat and Win 8.1 will be memorable for me in the long run.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Oh, i've only ever known W7 so i suppose that has to be my choice, i had never even touched a computer until i got my little friend, the only thing i don't like is the BSOD's it likes to send me from time to time :mad: now those are memorable, etched in my brain forever more they are.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Oh, i've only ever known W7 so i suppose that has to be my choice, i had never even touched a computer until i got my little friend, the only thing i don't like is the BSOD's it likes to send me from time to time :mad: now those are memorable, etched in my brain forever more they are.
Your avatar seem to reflect your love for BSOD very well :p

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018

You feel bad for BSOD and dye the yellow face red. Win 7 may have given you the ability to control the flow of traffic at the intersection of the street corner.:p

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
My first Windows version to be used was Windows 98. Oh man, the greatness! I was a little kid and I spent hours drawing with Paint (all I could do since I had no internet).

But the most memorable was for sure Windows XP. That's where I developed my passion for technology. That's where I first knew gaming and where I started learning about security, fixing computers and cleaning malware. That was when I first started doing antivirus testing (testing which one was better for my system) but of course in a horrible way, installing more than two antivirus at a time, making it unbootable. Oh, good memories. I owe XP so much!

I broke my PC so many times playing with antivirus and software, that my mom was so sick n' tired of paying a technician to fix it so she stopped doing it. That forced me to start looking for tutorials and be my own teacher on the subject, and that made me the nerd I am today! :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.