Do you have a memorable OS?

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
My first Windows version to be used was Windows 98. Oh man, the greatness! I was a little kid and I spent hours drawing with Paint (all I could do since I had no internet).

But the most memorable was for sure Windows XP. That's where I developed my passion for technology. That's where I first knew gaming and where I started learning about security, fixing computers and cleaning malware. That was when I first started doing antivirus testing (testing which one was better for my system) but of course in a horrible way, installing more than two antivirus at a time, making it unbootable. Oh, good memories. I owe XP so much!

I broke my PC so many times playing with antivirus and software, that my mom was so sick n' tired of paying a technician to fix it so she stopped doing it. That forced me to start looking for tutorials and be my own teacher on the subject, and that made me the nerd I am today! :)

For PCs that were often used offline before the Internet gets popular, I think that the roles and achievements of small games and simple painting software that came with the OS can not be neglected.:)
When I switched from Mac to WinXP and started to connect to the Internet, the first thing I was crazy was Reversi's online battle. I enjoyed the game itself, but I liked the ability to chat with my opponent in limited words.

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
i liked windows 7 best. i did not have even 1 problem in 6 years on it. :)
I still hold win7. After win 8, there is a sense of discomfort as if a car that was a 2 door coupe had changed to SUV. It seems to be troubling for selection after two years.:unsure:
There is no special thought, but win7 is now os that I used for the longest period.:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.