Do you recommend me to get external Keyboard & Mouse for my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
:welcomewave:

I want to get external Keyboard & Mouse for my laptop, because most of the time I use the laptop in the home. Do you think that it's a good decision?

D

Deleted member 178

yes easier and faster to use, it is what i do when at home

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
yes easier and faster to use, it is what i do when at home

I think it's also safer because you can drink orange juice without ruining the laptop :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I like to have a mouse with a cord because then I have no problems with wireless and connectivity, same with a keyboard.

LochNess

Apr 2, 2011
Newer laptop keyboards are 'a bit' more user friendly than before, but I still prefer external at home... especially since I don't have 'numpad' on smaller laptop keyboard...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its not a bad idea, also if you are a gamer then necessarily its needed. ;)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
depends how you are. If you don't mind being "far" away from you laptop (being far away can make everything on the display very small which may not be good for the eyes.) then it's all good and external keyboard is good and also a must if you play games alot. External mouse is must if you play games or something that mouse is really needed for.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'd recommend getting an external mouse instead since I don't like being too far away from the screen.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I may just have large hands, but I've always found laptop keyboards too small to type comfortably. And I hate touchpads or those little pointers some laptops have.

So I always prefer an external standard keyboard and mouse.

That said, I'm not quite sure why you're asking us, as this is more of a personal decision. Just because I may like something, doesn't mean you may like it. ;)

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
If you want to get keyboard and mouse for the laptop then i recommend going the Logitech Unified Receiver way.
Speaking from experience, it's so much easier if you decide to move your laptop around.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Sorry to butt in on this thread but I also have a question in relation to the one asked... Mouse for laptop I'm thinking of getting.... but was just wondering (curious to know) if they're is any kind of casing that goes round a laptop/attached round and has side panel for mouse to rest on.

Strange/Unusual idea, was wanting to know if all you link fiends knew of such a thing. Instead of using what's already on offer to rest to laptop on.

P

Plexx

AyeAyeCaptain said:
Sorry to butt in on this thread but I also have a question in relation to the one asked... Mouse for laptop I'm thinking of getting.... but was just wondering (curious to know) if they're is any kind of casing that goes round a laptop/attached round and has side panel for mouse to rest on.

Strange/Unusual idea, was wanting to know if all you link fiends knew of such a thing. Instead of using what's already on offer to rest to laptop on.

AA, I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly, but do you mean something like Laptop Desk Ultralite or Laptop Desk V2 (Link)?

On topic, since I'm a gamer, I use both External Keyboard and Mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.