Do you think google will create it's own OS in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadDrop

Thread author
Aug 19, 2012
I think they will, based on linux. I'm not talking about ChromiumOS but a fully functional linux OS to challenge MS. They al\ready use Ubuntu as their desktop of choice with in the google ranks in everyday operations, so a fork of UBUNTU looks possible in the future.

What you think?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
They might in the future, but at the moment I think everyone is waiting till Windows 8 comes out. :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No.

Simple reason being Web Apps, Chrome OS can do this. Why would Google need to create a fully-functional OS (similar to Ubuntu), when there is Chrome OS + Internet.

Latest Chrome OS = Simple. Fast. Light. Security in mind. Updates silently.
Latest Ubuntu OS = Graphically heavy. Slow on older PCs. Pre-installed software require a lot of updates.

Chrome OS is Google's OS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome_OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.