Do you think Hitman Pro is going downhill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

titan1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Hitman pro has reduced is engines to only two av(bitdefender and kaspersky).after trial period only detection is free not removal.But there has come herdprotect which does use 68 engines.provides free detection and removal.so what do you think?

Reactions: TomC
M

MalwareT

They' re using 2 engines because others were unnecessary and made product bloated, scanning is very fast in both of them, but if we consider features,Hitman Pro wins.

Hitman Pro contains following features:
  • Scanner - Scanning system for malware
  • ForceBreach - useful against rogue antivirus
  • Kickstart - bootable version of Hitman Pro
  • System repair - Ability to fix damaged and corrupted system files.

titan1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
They' re using 2 engines because others were unnecessary and made product bloated, scanning is very fast in both of them, but if we consider features,Hitman Pro wins.

do you think removing Dr.web was a good idea?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I agree with Malware Test, I use Hitman Pro every week. How to you enable ForceBreach Mode?
I suppose they only use Bitdefender and Kaspersky as they both have very good detection capabilities, and can repair damaged system files, that's something Herd Protect cannot do/offer.

Tony :)

Reactions: Welldone

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Multiple engines does not make a product better. HitmanPro includes some very useful and powerful tools for an infected PC.

Reactions: Tr.H.D and Welldone

Welldone

Level 5
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Hitman pro has reduced its engines to only two av(bitdefender and kaspersky).After 30-day trial period expires,only detection is free not removal.
If you like HitmanPro,buy a license for HMP.You can also use that license for Hitman.Pro Alert 3.If not,just stick with whatever free/paid AV Scanner you like;)

I use Hitman Pro every week.How do you enable ForceBreach Mode?
Tony :)
Hold down the left CTRL-key when you start Hitman Pro and all non-essential processes are terminated, including the malware process.
Note: On Vista/Windows 7 or later you might get an UAC prompt. Just keep the left CTRL-key pressed until the Hitman Pro window appears.

Source: http://hitmanpro.wordpress.com/2010/03/16/hitman-pro-in-force-breach-mode/

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony Cole

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Hitman pro is only as good as the engines it's using, but I think they made a good choice using Bitdefender and Kaspersky while dropping the rest of the other engines. Herd protect may use all 68 engines at one go but I think it's safe to say that the scan time for is significantly longer than Hitmanpro's and the chances of false positives are much higher due to all the engines used.

TomC

Level 1
Jan 3, 2012
I just known about herdProtect right now. Thank you for so much for this topic. I think herdProtect is a really great free product.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Herdprotect is good but it does have a lot of FP. You have to be careful when removing things. Make sure you go through every entry. It had erased a DLL for office 2013 and had to reinstall it on a friends laptop. HMP is a little better with FP.

Reactions: Jack

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011

3 engines, you forgot about their own engine.

Reactions: MalwareT

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually its not, there are some things to consider when licensing an engine. Performance, detection and removal capabilities.

Hence more AV engines, more chances of FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.