Do you use 2-Step Verification when available?

• Yes, always and if available

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Yes, occasionally

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • No, I don't use it

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • What is 2-Step Verification?

Votes: 24 23.5%

• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Note: Votes are not publicly visible.

What is 2-Step Verification?

Multi-factor authentication (also Two-factor authentication) is an approach to authentication which requires the presentation of two or more of the three authentication factors: a knowledge factor ("something the user knows"), a possession factor ("something the user has"), and an inherence factor ("something the user is").

Source : Wikipedia (Multi-Factor Authentication)

Coffeeman

Level 3
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
Yes, I do use 2 step verification for my 2 Google accounts. But now, really I am too drunk to go on explaining the benefits for me and I will go play some W.O.T!
Have a great day tomorrow, I know that today was my day!

I

illumination

Coffeeman said:
Yes, I do use 2 step verification for my 2 Google accounts. But now, really I am too drunk to go on explaining the benefits for me and I will go play some W.O.T!
Have a great day tomorrow, I know that today was my day!

:lol:

D

Deleted member 178

nope, it is already tiring to put one ^^ (that is why i use Lastpass)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I always use it if available. Gmail and LastPass are good example, if you try to log on to Google from a different IP address or system, it will call or text you with a verification code which has to be entered for you to log on.

LastPass requires you to enter two passwords if using it from another IP or system.

Awhile back when Gmail got hacked, users that setup the 2-Step Verification were safe while others had to change their password.

It not only protects you from malware that records your info but also when websites get hacked.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

LastPass requires you to enter two passwords if using it from another IP or system.

i never do sensitive stuff on "foreign" systems.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I have it on anything that supports it. I would like to think myself as paranoid when it comes to that part of security. Happened to friends on Facebook, they got hacked and well I didn't. Only thing I got was a weird message from a friend.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well if needed for more maximum security why not. As long you have strong passwords with standard formulation then good to go but always remember that being vigilant is your primary defense/instinct.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm always using 2-Step Verification, and I do think that it's a "must" for all those sites which involve personal or financial information.
I have used for the first time 2-Step Verification for my Gmail account, and now whenever is available , I always opt-in..... :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.