Advice Request Do you use AppCheck Anti-Ransom?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Do you use AppCheck?

• I use AppCheck free version

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I use AppCheck pro version

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I use a different anti-ransomware

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I don't need a standalone antiransomware solution

Votes: 34 51.5%
  • What's Appcheck?

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • What's ransomware?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@brod56
You think Novices use anti exe's ?
Those and "Default Deny" are the emerging "go to" software
and for good reason.
Stick around for awhile there is knowledge within these pages ;)
After all you do sport a FireFox avatar so there's hope for you. lol

Reactions: AtlBo and XhenEd

CalinGhibu

From TEMASOFT
Verified
Developer
Mar 15, 2017
Hi guys and ladies, just to let you know: Ranstop will roll out an important technology update on Friday. It will feature an extra detection method as well as other improvements. Maybe it is a good idea to try out that version for these tests and exercises.
Thanks!

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hi guys and ladies, just to let you know: Ranstop will roll out an important technology update on Friday. It will feature an extra detection method as well as other improvements. Maybe it is a good idea to try out that version for these tests and exercises.
Thanks!
I just realized you posted this in the AppCheck thread, that was not nice TEMASOFT. :confused:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
"I don't need a standalone antiransomware solution."

These tools have their importance, but I don't feel the need to use them.
EAM and ZAL offer great protection: I open all the email attachments under Shadow Defender, even those from reliable sources, and I also use Sandboxie for browsing.
I have all my important files constantly updated and stored on external and offline HDD.
Ransomware can be a pain, but also a hardware failure can result in data loss, so backup is a general very good solution.

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
Hi Cyberghost

Simple solution for click happy family. Use NVT's ERP. Set a master password, and password protect all the options that a password can be set for. Click happy's will be totally eliminated.

Reactions: shmu26 and AtlBo

CalinGhibu

From TEMASOFT
Verified
Developer
Mar 15, 2017
@_CyberGhosT_
Sorry about that, there are posts about AppCheck on the Ranstop video review threads as well, and there were no complaints. I also thought that, since we are on a discussion board, companies do not own forum topics so did not have a problem with that either.

However, if you believe it is inappropriate, please have the moderators remove it. I did not intend to offend anyone, just wanted to give @cruelsister a piece of info (should I have been more careful I would have used messaging or a quote, sorry about that).

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_
Sorry about that, there are posts about AppCheck on the Ranstop video review threads as well, and there were no complaints. I also thought that, since we are on a discussion board, companies do not own forum topics so did not have a problem with that either.

However, if you believe it is inappropriate, please have the moderators remove it. I did not intend to offend anyone, just wanted to give @cruelsister a piece of info (should I have been more careful I would have used messaging or a quote, sorry about that).
It is hard to actually offend anyone on MT, the people here are pretty easy-going.
Often, a dev will start an update thread for his product, where he makes such announcements. You don't have to do that, but it will probably attract more attention then just a single post in the middle of a discussion on a relatively unknown product such as AppCheck.
Not putting down AppCheck, or your product either, just trying to be helpful...

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_

I was giving you a hard time, but know that if you see nothing wrong with it as a developer why should I right ?
We both know it was not the AppCheck Dev that posted content in your thread Right ?
The mods don't need me to tell them to do their job, they are very good at it ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hi Cyberghost

Simple solution for click happy family. Use NVT's ERP. Set a master password, and password protect all the options that a password can be set for. Click happy's will be totally eliminated.
Thanks Pete, I got it ;)

Reactions: XhenEd and AtlBo

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
@brod56
You think Novices use anti exe's ?
Those and "Default Deny" are the emerging "go to" software
and for good reason.
Stick around for awhile there is knowledge within these pages ;)
After all you do sport a FireFox avatar so there's hope for you. lol

No they are not go to software, sorry.
Only tech savvy guys know of their existence. Most of people dont even know what ransomware is.
Welcome to real life.

Reactions: XhenEd and AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Anti-exe like NVT ERP which monitors scripts is very valuable imo. If "go to" means how many use the software, maybe NVT ERP is not go to software at present, but I can't think of a reason not to use it or VoodooShield free. OK, Comodo monitors scripts in version 10 (not sure about version 8 but I heard this is a new feature). However, NVT ERP is a good 2nd opinion even though I use Comodo. It's so light weight I can't think of a reason not to use it or at least until Comodo's script monitoring is more configurable (can't yet whitelist using wild cards)...

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Anti-exe like NVT ERP which monitors scripts is very valuable imo. If "go to" means how many use the software, maybe NVT ERP is not go to software at present, but I can't think of a reason not to use it or VoodooShield free. OK, Comodo monitors scripts in version 10 (not sure about version 8 but I heard this is a new feature). However, NVT ERP is a good 2nd opinion even though I use Comodo. It's so light weight I can't think of a reason not to use it or at least until Comodo's script monitoring is more configurable (can't yet whitelist using wild cards)...
Good point AltBo

Reactions: AtlBo and XhenEd

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
It's data damage control. You're system might be infected but at least your data is intact. Might save people from the holes in the downtime of backups. This could be really important for some. Notably people who basically inputs data everytime. Especially because antivirus is the most likely main protection and this is just an easy install.
Yup You got it :)

Reactions: AtlBo

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm not using AppCheck Anti-Ransom but throughout the reviews seems it contains decent protection capabilities.

Also another thing, I like the fact where it contains backup option; so at least the user should not worry about encrypted files. *

* We should aware that some users are lazy to conduct backup habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.